Re: [narbonic] Daves

  • Shaenon K. Garrity
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2002
      >I, personally, am thoroughly amused by the name tags everyone's wearing.
      >"Hello, My name is Dave". Simple and elegant humor, it's always the best.
      >^_^

      It's simple... except that it requires me to draw those name tags into
      every single strip for the next five weeks (at least), and when I forget I
      have to go back, white out the shirt of the Dave in question, and draw the
      darn thing in.

      This, of course, is one of my favorite forms of humor: the joke that
      requires a massive amount of effort for a very tiny payoff. So I'm happy.

      Sarge
    • Robert McCarthy
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2002
        Sarge im sure EVERBODY loves the "Huge joke tiny
        payoff" bit "disney's the fontainhead" has to be one
        of the funniest things ever written that did'nt have
        bird-shi..uh stuff in it.
        anyway take care pard, and draw more HELL when you
        have time.
        PS my brother Matt says hi

        http://mail.yahoo.com/
      • jhriceom
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 11, 2002
          >>I, personally, am thoroughly amused by the name
          >>tags everyone's wearing. "Hello, My name is Dave".
          >>Simple and elegant humor, it's always the best.

          >This, of course, is one of my favorite forms of humor:
          >the joke that requires a massive amount of effort for
          >a very tiny payoff. So I'm happy.

          > Sarge

          Ah, like the time Helen wore a "Billy's Balloon" tee-shirt the day
          after you went to Spike & Mike's Festival of Animation - Sick &
          Twisted show.

          James
        • Shaenon K. Garrity
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 11, 2002
            >>This, of course, is one of my favorite forms of humor:
            >>the joke that requires a massive amount of effort for
            >>a very tiny payoff. So I'm happy.
            >
            >Ah, like the time Helen wore a "Billy's Balloon" tee-shirt the day
            >after you went to Spike & Mike's Festival of Animation - Sick &
            >Twisted show.

            My responses, in the order I thought of them:

            1. No, that was *easy* to draw.

            2. I mean, the shirt was easy to draw.

            3. Actually, "Billy's Balloon" was probably easy to draw, too.

            4. And, now that I think of it, the shirt I drew on Helen actually depicted
            a character from "Rejected," a more recent (and Oscar-nominated!) cartoon by
            the same animator, Don Hertzfeldt.

            5. "Rejected" was probably also pretty easy to draw, come to think of it.

            6. "Rejected" is now available on DVD! But expensive! For more
            information, visit http://www.bitterfilms.com or consult your local library.
            But don't take my word for it.

            7. My spoon is too big!

            Sarge
          • wolfmanjim
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 15, 2002
              --- In narbonic@y..., "jhriceom" <james.rice@l...> wrote:

              > Ah, like the time Helen wore a "Billy's Balloon" tee-shirt the day
              > after you went to Spike & Mike's Festival of Animation - Sick &
              > Twisted show.

              Ooooh... You made a Bitter Films ref...

              I have to do this...

              "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!"

              I revel in your blank stares!
            • wolfmanjim
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 15, 2002

                > 7. My spoon is too big!

                I am a banana!

                BTW, I have 'Ah L`Amour in an ASF format. I just love it.

                I am still bummed that 'Rejected' didn't win the Oscar for best
                animated short, nor did 'The Perriwig Maker.' The worst of the 3 did.