Shaenon orders you to enjoy _Finder_

  • Metal Fatigue
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
      She's not kidding. _Finder_ kicks ass.

      Speed is a sweetie, too. I met her when she was the Artist Guest of
      Honor at Mystery God ConFusion last year. If you ever meet her, ask
      her about gumbo.

      --
      Seth Blumberg, a.k.a. Metal Fatigue, a.k.a. Nodens <sethb@...> O-
      - -- --- ----- -------- ------------- -------- ----- --- -- -
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
        In a message dated 3/3/02 9:23:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, sethb@...
        writes:

        > She's not kidding. _Finder_ kicks ass.
        I bow to her will.

        What is _Finder_?
      • Metal Fatigue
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002

          L> What is _Finder_?

          What, you mean you didn't scroll down to the "Shaenon orders you to
          enjoy this" part of the comic web page, see that there was a new link,
          and immediately click on it? Shame on you.

          _Finder_ is a dead-trees comic book written, drawn and published by
          Carla Speed McNeil. Go to http://www.lightspeedpress.com/ *right now*
          and groove on it. There are several complete issues scanned and
          posted on the web site so you can try-before-you-buy.

          I also happen to have several copies of back issues lying around that
          Speed gave me to give to people who I thought might like _Finder_.
          Since I've already given one to everyone I know who digs sequential
          art and wasn't already a _Finder_ buff, I'll gladly send you one for
          free if you email me your postal address (US and Canada only, supplies
          limited, first come first served).

          --
          O- Seth Blumberg | "And when all I have is pliers, all of my
          <sethb@...> | problems start looking like (finger) nails.
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
            In a message dated 3/3/02 9:38:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, sethb@...
            writes:

            > What, you mean you didn't scroll down to the "Shaenon orders you to
            > enjoy this" part of the comic web page, see that there was a new link,
            > and immediately click on it? Shame on you.
            I'm sorry! Narbonic one of the strips I read while the caffiene is
            percolating through my system! I don't have the mental capacity for anything
            else! AAAUUGH!!!

            /me flees wildly.
          • Metal Fatigue
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002

              L> I'm sorry! Narbonic one of the strips I read while the caffiene is
              L> percolating through my system! I don't have the mental capacity for
              L> anything else! AAAUUGH!!!

              I don't know if Shaenon will forgive you, but I will, *if* you go to
              www.lightspeedpress.com and read _Finder_.

              --
              Seth Blumberg, a.k.a. Metal Fatigue, a.k.a. Nodens <sethb@...> O-
              - -- --- ----- -------- ------------- -------- ----- --- -- -
              "Programming in C++ is like sculpting in wet cement--strong as hell
              once you get it set in place, but unbelievably hard to shape to the
              form you want." -- Alan Wexelblat et al.
            • Lots42@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
                In a message dated 3/3/02 9:45:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, sethb@...
                writes:

                > I don't know if Shaenon will forgive you, but I will, *if* you go to
                > www.lightspeedpress.com and read _Finder_.
                It's an interesting thang. I'll admit that.

                And about the sending copies to me, well, I live with some others who
                probably wouldn't understand the concept of you not being an insane
                maniac...so...we'll see. I saved that other email just in case.
              • Lots42@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
                  Speaking of brutal orders, I order all of you to enjoy www.horsehockey.net/3/
                • Shaenon K. Garrity
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 4, 2002
                    >Speaking of brutal orders, I order all of you to enjoy www.horsehockey.net/3/

                    Hey! I give the brutal orders around here!

                    Okay, everyone go enjoy Horsehockey.

                    Sarge
                  • Lots42@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 5, 2002
                      In a message dated 3/5/02 4:41:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, shaenon@...
                      writes:

                      > Hey! I give the brutal orders around here!

                      It's a mutiny! It's a mutiny!

                      > Okay, everyone go enjoy Horsehockey.
                      >
                      > Sarge

                      Yay!