irony

  • robertshaft@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 12, 2001
      You all do realize that if Helen actully does put dave's head on new
      body in effect she will have given Dave head?
      Don't kill me! I know it's not that funny but i'd kick myself if
      sombody said it before I did.
      Rob
    • Michael Benedetto
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 12, 2001
        At 5:03 PM +0000 10/12/01, robertshaft@... wrote:
        >You all do realize that if Helen actully does put dave's head on new
        >body in effect she will have given Dave head?
        >Don't kill me! I know it's not that funny but i'd kick myself if
        >sombody said it before I did.
        >Rob

        Well, that puts me in mind of something that was once said to our
        fearless moderator. Y'see, "Jen" (which is in fact her real name, but
        I like treating it like a pseudonym) had a server on an all-Macintosh
        network, and accounts on Mac servers are iconically represented by
        pictures of smiling human heads. And her offer of an account to Dave
        was phrased "Would you like me to give you a little head?"

        Utterly Narbonic-irrelevant, but worth repeating.

        -Mike
        --

        The Cast Recordings FAQ -- http://www.castalbums.org
      • Matthew Ender
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 12, 2001
          >You all do realize that if Helen actully does put dave's head on new
          >body in effect she will have given Dave head?
          >Don't kill me! I know it's not that funny but i'd kick myself if
          >sombody said it before I did.
          >Rob

          I think Dave's more likely to 'get his head handed to him', myself...

          -- Matt
        • Robert McCarthy
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 12, 2001

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 12, 2001
              --- Michael Benedetto <epenthesis@...> wrote:
              > At 5:03 PM +0000 10/12/01, robertshaft@...
              > wrote:
              > >You all do realize that if Helen actully does put
              > dave's head on new
              > >body in effect she will have given Dave head?
              > >Don't kill me! I know it's not that funny but i'd
              > kick myself if
              > >sombody said it before I did.
              > >Rob
              >
              > Well, that puts me in mind of something that was
              > once said to our
              > fearless moderator. Y'see, "Jen" (which is in fact
              > her real name, but
              > I like treating it like a pseudonym) had a server on
              > an all-Macintosh
              > network, and accounts on Mac servers are iconically
              > represented by
              > pictures of smiling human heads. And her offer of an
              > account to Dave
              > was phrased "Would you like me to give you a little
              > head?"
              >
              > Utterly Narbonic-irrelevant, but worth repeating.
              >
              > -Mike
              > -- quotes and pertentias in the same post? Man you
              are the coolest!

              > The Cast Recordings FAQ -- http://www.castalbums.org

              http://personals.yahoo.com
            • Martin Olsson
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 17, 2001
                >You all do realize that if Helen actully does put dave's head on new
                >body in effect she will have given Dave head?
                >Don't kill me! I know it's not that funny but i'd kick myself if
                >sombody said it before I did.
                >Rob

                Funny as it undoubtedly is, I feel I must dispute this on a purely
                semantical level. Hasn't she rather (considering that Dave would probably be
                more prone to think of his self as connected to his own head than to another
                person's body) given him body. However, if she would have juridical
                ownership of the body in question - not sure if this is possible - she will
                have given him _her_ body. Which is also rather funny.

                With love,
                Martin

                My little page-thingie, with The Great Index of Villains!:
                http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/7053
                ...just don't expect too much, ok?

                "Two gunslingers
                went out in the street and one said 'Hey,
                what are we fighting for?'
                And the other gunslinger
                thought about it, and then he said 'Yeah,
                I don't wanna fight no more,

                I'm taking control of my life now."
                Tom Petty, "Two Gunslingers"

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 17, 2001
                  Or,she could hand Dave's head to Mell, in which case,
                  she'd have given Mell head.

                  --- Martin Olsson <rawanimal@...> wrote:

                  > >You all do realize that if Helen actully does put
                  > dave's head on new
                  > >body in effect she will have given Dave head?
                  > >Don't kill me! I know it's not that funny but i'd
                  > kick myself if
                  > >sombody said it before I did.
                  > >Rob
                  > >

                  > Funny as it undoubtedly is, I feel I must dispute
                  > this on a purely
                  > semantical level. Hasn't she rather (considering
                  > that Dave would probably be
                  > more prone to think of his self as connected to his
                  > own head than to another
                  > person's body) given him body. However, if she would
                  > have juridical
                  > ownership of the body in question - not sure if this
                  > is possible - she will
                  > have given him _her_ body. Which is also rather
                  > funny.
                  >
                  > With love,
                  > Martin
                  >
                  > My little page-thingie, with The Great Index of
                  > Villains!:
                  > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/7053
                  > ...just don't expect too much, ok?
                  >
                  > "Two gunslingers
                  > went out in the street and one said 'Hey,
                  > what are we fighting for?'
                  > And the other gunslinger
                  > thought about it, and then he said 'Yeah,
                  > I don't wanna fight no more,
                  >
                  > I'm taking control of my life now."
                  > Tom Petty, "Two Gunslingers"

                  http://personals.yahoo.com
                • Ed Wells
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 17, 2001
                    Would....could...let's talk about what they did. When they got down off that
                    bus and forgot poor Dave, Helen and Mell went down on him.

                    Ed Wells

                    Mee-Lise Robinson wrote:

                    > Or,she could hand Dave's head to Mell, in which case,
                    > she'd have given Mell head.
                    >
                    > --- Martin Olsson <rawanimal@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > >You all do realize that if Helen actully does put
                    > > dave's head on new
                    > > >body in effect she will have given Dave head?
                    > > >Don't kill me! I know it's not that funny but i'd
                    > > kick myself if
                    > > >sombody said it before I did.
                    > > >Rob
                    > > >

                    > > Funny as it undoubtedly is, I feel I must dispute
                    > > this on a purely
                    > > semantical level. Hasn't she rather (considering
                    > > that Dave would probably be
                    > > more prone to think of his self as connected to his
                    > > own head than to another
                    > > person's body) given him body. However, if she would
                    > > have juridical
                    > > ownership of the body in question - not sure if this
                    > > is possible - she will
                    > > have given him _her_ body. Which is also rather
                    > > funny.
                    > >
                    > > With love,
                    > > Martin
                    > >
                    > > My little page-thingie, with The Great Index of
                    > > Villains!:
                    > > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/7053
                    > > ...just don't expect too much, ok?
                    > >
                    > > "Two gunslingers
                    > > went out in the street and one said 'Hey,
                    > > what are we fighting for?'
                    > > And the other gunslinger
                    > > thought about it, and then he said 'Yeah,
                    > > I don't wanna fight no more,
                    > >
                    > > I'm taking control of my life now."
                    > > Tom Petty, "Two Gunslingers"

                  • Shaenon K. Garrity
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 17, 2001
                      Man, you guys are freaking me out big time.

                      It's not like I didn't expect people to come up with Narbonic smut at some
                      point. I just thought it would come at a time when Dave was actually
                      attached to his body.

                      Shaenon

                      > Would....could...let's talk about what they did. When they got down off that
                      > bus and forgot poor Dave, Helen and Mell went down on him.
                      >
                      > Ed Wells
                      >
                      > Mee-Lise Robinson wrote:
                      >
                      >> Or,she could hand Dave's head to Mell, in which case,
                      >> she'd have given Mell head.

                      >> > dave's head on new
                      >> > kick myself if
                      >> > >

                      >> > Funny as it undoubtedly is, I feel I must dispute
                      >> > this on a purely
                      >> > semantical level. Hasn't she rather (considering
                      >> > that Dave would probably be
                      >> > more prone to think of his self as connected to his
                      >> > own head than to another
                      >> > person's body) given him body. However, if she would
                      >> > have juridical
                      >> > ownership of the body in question - not sure if this
                      >> > is possible - she will
                      >> > have given him _her_ body. Which is also rather
                      >> > funny.
                      >> >
                      >> > With love,
                      >> > Martin
                      >> >
                      >> > My little page-thingie, with The Great Index of
                      >> > Villains!:
                      >> > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/7053
                      >> > ...just don't expect too much, ok?
                      >> >
                      >> > "Two gunslingers
                      >> > went out in the street and one said 'Hey,
                      >> > what are we fighting for?'
                      >> > And the other gunslinger
                      >> > thought about it, and then he said 'Yeah,
                      >> > I don't wanna fight no more,
                      >> >
                      >> > I'm taking control of my life now."
                      >> > Tom Petty, "Two Gunslingers"

                    • John Weiss
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 17, 2001
                        On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Shaenon K. Garrity wrote:

                        > Man, you guys are freaking me out big time.
                        >
                        > It's not like I didn't expect people to come up with Narbonic smut at some
                        > point. I just thought it would come at a time when Dave was actually
                        > attached to his body.

                        The fact that Dave is getting more action in our imaginations when
                        he's seperated from his body could well be taken to say something about
                        Dave's body and the attractiveness thereof.
                        -John W. Weiss
                        (Cheshire Cat)
                        |Duane D-132 | Dept. of Astrophysics and Planetary Science/LASP|
                        |(303)-492-3617 | University of Colorado, Boulder |
                        |weissj@... | http://bogart.colorado.edu/~weissj/cyrano.html |
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 17, 2001
                          --- "Shaenon K. Garrity" <shaenon@...> wrote:

                          > Man, you guys are freaking me out big time.
                          >
                          > It's not like I didn't expect people to come up
                          > with Narbonic smut at some
                          > point. I just thought it would come at a time when
                          > Dave was actually
                          > attached to his body.
                          >
                          > Shaenon
                          >
                          > > Would....could...let's talk about what they did.
                          > When they got down off that
                          > > bus and forgot poor Dave, Helen and Mell went down
                          > on him.
                          > >
                          > > Ed Wells
                          > >
                          > > Mee-Lise Robinson wrote:
                          > >
                          > >> Or,she could hand Dave's head to Mell, in which
                          > case,
                          > >> she'd have given Mell head.

                          > put
                          > i'd

                          > dispute
                          > (considering
                          > his
                          > would
                          > this

                          more imagination than I have I just like bad puns