Re: [narbonic] Eep!

  • Tim Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 18 , May 24, 2001
      Who needs resurrection when you have Time Travel. Whether I can figure out
      the logistics of playing with someone's in a non-linear continuum, by
      stealing their yak-face, killing them, etcetera, is not the issue. Because
      I believe that Dr. Narbon can and likely already has figured out said
      logistics and is currently putting them to "good" use.

      -TR

      P.S. Take that Dave you bastard, I haven't forgotten the slight you pulled
      on me and other Computer Industry folk everywhere... I'd better get the job
      I interviewed for today... In fact, I probably will -- 'cause you're dead!
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaa........

      Okay, I'm finished now... Back to the medication, I promise.

      >> --- Tom Morris <kg4cyx@...> wrote:
      >> I don't believe it... Dr. Narbon zapped Dave?
      >
      > OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED DAVEY! YOU BASTARDS!
      >
      > It did have to be said.
      >
      > And this would be the second time a Narbon has killed a Dave. Something in
      > the
      > genetics. Yo Barker, if you ever meet a Narbon, RUN!
      >
      > So how's the resurection going to be handled? Any bets? I've had main
      > characters killed off on both of my favorite shows lately. (West Wing and
      > Buffy. Yes, laugh, I'm addicted to Buffy, damn you Joss Whedon! And damn my
      > little sister too for giving me the free sample!) I really don't think
      > Narbonic is going to be a third though...
      >
      > - K

    • Dennis Bergendorf
      Message 2 of 18 , May 24, 2001
        No more interfering in your own timeline!  I got enough of that from Star Trek: Voyeur last night...

      • manotick@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 18 , May 25, 2001
          --- In narbonic@y..., Dennis Bergendorf <dennisb@w...> wrote:
          > No more interfering in your own timeline! I got enough of that
          from Star Trek:
          > Voyager last night...

          I know, it did feel like the cheated to get home. Not that I'm in
          any position to say seeing as I don't watch enough of it.
          Cloning, Time Travel, flat out improbability (drives)...is there
          anything in Narbonic that CAN'T save Dave? And who says it hit
          Dave? Has anyone seen Artie recently?
          (Ominous thunder rumbles)
        • Karoline
          Message 4 of 18 , May 25, 2001
            > The West Wing is, I suspect, the only one of the three that won't have a
            > resurrection.

            Hey, we got a ghost though, that was cool.

            > Buffy *will* have a resurrection, per Joss Whedon (he says that everyone is
            > coming back next season on UPN).

            Well, duh, they've *got* to bring back the main character. I was thinking
            more of Buffy's mom being permanently dead.

            > Narbonic, I hope there's a resurrection, and I hope it's freaky weird. I'm
            > sure Shaenon won't disappoint.

            Heh. No arguments. Actually.... hmm... we've got 2 mad scientists and a
            rodent with experience in cloning. Maybe we'll just get a Dave clone and not
            Dave himself. That would be interesting...

            - K

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          • Kevin Mowery
            Message 5 of 18 , May 25, 2001
              Message 6 of 18 , May 26, 2001
                At 09:27 PM 5/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
> [...]

                Oh come on, Kevin. Surely that theory isn't worse than the "The entire
                moving to UPN thing was an elaborate hoax dreamed up by Joss. The show's
                over, and it's not coming back" theory.
              • aklnilsson
                Message 7 of 18 , May 26, 2001
                  Kevin Mowery wrote:

                  > True, but Joyce's death and the episode where the characters started to
                  > deal with it . . . it was all handled so well that I think it'd be more
                  > disappointing if they brought her back.

                  ..and that's what we like to call "contact negotiation time"
                  But i don't miss buffy's mom.
                  I would miss dave.

                  ...i haven't had access to this account for 2.5 weeks. At least there are
                  always entertaining reads

                  anna
                  --
                  ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
                  "we can't stop here-- this is *bat country*!!" ---hunter s. thompson

                  "you don't meet nice girls in coffee shops" --tom waits
                • Kevin Mowery
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 26, 2001
                    > > As for "well, duh," you'd be amazed at the number of people online
                    who
                    > >are convinced that Buffy will not be coming back. My favorite very
                    stupid
                    > >theory is that Dawn will become the new Slayer and assume Buffy's name so
                    > >that they don't have to change the name of the show.
                    > >

                    > Oh come on, Kevin. Surely that theory isn't worse than the "The entire
                    > moving to UPN thing was an elaborate hoax dreamed up by Joss. The show's
                    > over, and it's not coming back" theory.

                    I haven't seen that one. I have seen people who are incapable of
                    reading any interviews or press releases saying that SMG and the show will
                    be back next season.

                    Other good ones include: Buffy stays dead, but the Buffy robot is
                    rebuilt (and/or Buffy's soul is transferred into the Buffybot), Spike turns
                    Buffy into a vampire (making her "Buffy the Vampire, Slayer"), Buffy is
                    granted immortality just because, and the gang finds a spell that will
                    transform Dawn into Buffy.

                    Kevin Mowery________ kemowery@...
                    Visit www.narbonic.com for the best online comic
                    about mutant gerbils and mad scientists on the
                    internet! Updated daily.
                  • Chris Campbell
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 26, 2001
                      At 10:17 AM 5/26/01 -0400, you wrote:
                      > Other good ones include: Buffy stays dead, but the Buffy robot is
                      >rebuilt (and/or Buffy's soul is transferred into the Buffybot), Spike turns
                      >Buffy into a vampire (making her "Buffy the Vampire, Slayer"), Buffy is
                      >granted immortality just because, and the gang finds a spell that will
                      >transform Dawn into Buffy.

                      How about: In a season premiere crossover extravaganza, Angel goes to hell
                      and rescues Buffy. Yeah, I know, silly idea. It's not like it was set up
                      at the end of Angel or anything. And it's not like he's, y'know, been
                      there before or anything. And it's not like that'd spike ratings. Never
                      happen, I'm sure.
                    • Kevin Mowery
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 26, 2001
                        > > Other good ones include: Buffy stays dead, but the Buffy robot is
                        > >rebuilt (and/or Buffy's soul is transferred into the Buffybot), Spike
                        turns
                        > >Buffy into a vampire (making her "Buffy the Vampire, Slayer"), Buffy is
                        > >granted immortality just because, and the gang finds a spell that will
                        > >transform Dawn into Buffy.
                        >
                        > How about: In a season premiere crossover extravaganza, Angel goes to hell
                        > and rescues Buffy. Yeah, I know, silly idea. It's not like it was set up
                        > at the end of Angel or anything. And it's not like he's, y'know, been
                        > there before or anything. And it's not like that'd spike ratings. Never
                        > happen, I'm sure.

                        I'd say that one's not impossible. Except that with the shows on two
                        different, competing networks, it might be harder to have crossover events
                        (plus it looks like Buffy will be re-premiering in October with a 2-hour
                        movie).

                        But it's not really my position to come up with what I think will
                        happen. My position is just mocking other people's ideas. :)

                        Message 11 of 18 , May 26, 2001
                          At 12:46 PM 5/26/01 -0400, you wrote:
                          > > How about: In a season premiere crossover extravaganza, Angel goes to hell
                          > > and rescues Buffy. Yeah, I know, silly idea. It's not like it was set up
                          > > at the end of Angel or anything. And it's not like he's, y'know, been
                          > > there before or anything. And it's not like that'd spike ratings. Never
                          > > happen, I'm sure.
                          >
                          > I'd say that one's not impossible. Except that with the shows on two
                          >different, competing networks, it might be harder to have crossover events
                          >(plus it looks like Buffy will be re-premiering in October with a 2-hour
                          >movie).

                          True. I'd be astonished if Angel's not involved somehow, but I do wonder
                          how Whedon will work it given that they're on two different
                          networks. That'll be icky.

                          > But it's not really my position to come up with what I think will
                          >happen. My position is just mocking other people's ideas. :)

                          Well, hey, everyone needs a hobby. :-)
                        • Mike Barklage
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 26, 2001
                            > How about: In a season premiere crossover extravaganza, Angel goes to hell
                            > and rescues Buffy. Yeah, I know, silly idea. It's not like it was set up
                            > at the end of Angel or anything. And it's not like he's, y'know, been
                            > there before or anything. And it's not like that'd spike ratings. Never
                            > happen, I'm sure.

                            Joss and Mutant Enemy have already said Angel won't be involved in Buffy's
                            resurrection. Plus, BUFFY debuts in August, ANGEL in October.

                            Let the speculation continue...

                            - Mike