Re: Helen killing?

  • Hiroshi Nakazato
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 3, 2001
      Sorry, a little late with my perspective on our guest artist and the
      current storyline, but after reading the last newsletter, I thought I
      should make my first e-mail to the newsgroup:

      I likewise assume the comics are canonical--as observed by Kevin Mowery,
      Sarge is endorsing the guest artist.

      However, given the considerable jumps in time required for the narration of
      the story (from the initial product roll-out to the "killing-cola wars" to
      the non-soda-drinking agrarian society), I'd like to make my prediction:
      we're reading a dream sequence dreamt by Dave Davenport.

      Why not? First, he's the only one of the triumvirate who still has a
      nagging conscience of sorts about what they do. Second, as observed by
      several artists on the doughy/non-doughy appearances of characters, it
      seems perfectly in line with Dave's subconscious that he--after four years
      of being a couch-potato-like-CompSci student--wouldn't mind losing a few
      pounds. Third, jumping the timeframe forward raises questions about the
      previous storyline about Helen Narbon's mother and the gerbils... would
      Sarge just let that one go, and follow Neathery's version?

      I dunno. That's my working hypothesis, for what it's worth. BTW, as for
      the doughy/non-doughy issue, I must admit I like Sarge's characterisations
      myself, but in defence of Aaron Neathery's style, I find it is remarkably
      clean and precise: I wish I could draw like that myself.

      Hiroshi Nakazato

      nakazah@...
      "Why does anarchy have an international symbol?"
    • Tom Morris
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 19, 2001
        There's always the possibility of an inter-universe transport experiment
        thingie, I guess. (And which bus goes to that alternate universe again?) *sound
        of VAST route map unfolding*

        --- Kevin Corcoran <spotweld@...> wrote:

        > :
        > >
        > > > I don't suppose there's any way to keep BOTH Helens, is there?
        > >
        > >You do realize that would be a setup for a future storyline, about 5-10
        > >years down the road, called "Crisis on Infinite Helens," don't you? ;)
        > >
        > >Rahadyan
        > >

        > Hmm, Infinite Helens.. thats a whole lotta zaftig
        >
        > Kevin
        > -aka Spotweld

        =====
        Tom Morris