t-shirt

  • xineymarie
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 6, 2001
      i forgot to mention my comment on the merchandise discussion a couple
      of weeks ago (i was still working through the archives at that
      point)... i very much support the idea of a t-shirt of just the last
      frame of the strip with helen's good and bad sprites... "kill him, kill
      the nerd" "no, just maim him, break his kneecaps"... i think that would
      rock. it sums it all up. though there have been some dave sprite
      strips that i love in their entirety... but for a single frame that
      sums the sprite thing up, i like that one. a lot. perhaps the caption
      could be either dave's previous line, "i suppose everyone suffers with
      these moral dillemmas" (or whatever the exact wording is), or even
      "don't worry, everybody gets them", a la Artie.

      i'm lame... i keep commenting on merchandise, and supporting the fact
      that there IS merchandise, and here i am, merchandiseless (except for
      ur-narbonic, which i'm debating bringing to ireland with me next week
      to show my cousins the jya strips). i swear, i'll buy some soon...
      especially since i can think of two daves who need shirts and a
      different dave shirt for each. now i just have to come up with some
      occasion to give them said shirts... i think they'd get confused if i
      randomly bought them something. gotta find out their birthdays... and
      i need to buy myself the evil coffee mug. oh, and a t-shirt for
      myself. but i like baby-t's, so i have to figure out what i want on a
      baby-t. but first i have to spend money in england and ireland and
      then reimburse visa for said money. but i will buy something soon... i
      will i will... oy. i'm lame.

      ~christine~
    • Karoline
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 6, 2001
        --- xineymarie <chricardo@...> wrote:
        > point)... i very much support the idea of a t-shirt of just the last
        > frame of the strip with helen's good and bad sprites... "kill him, kill
        > the nerd" "no, just maim him, break his kneecaps"... i think that would
        > rock.

        Have to agree that the shirt idea is great.... though I did just get the
        mental image of that panel with one little addition... Kiki floating there as
        a 3rd personality fairy saying "no, stay good Helen!" (sluggy.com reference
        for those of you who don't know it. if you don't, you should. go read it.
        hysterical comic strip!)

        Not that "stay good Helen" isn't one of the world's most ridiculous concepts,
        but I like the idea of Kiki making a guest appearance.

        Then again, I spent most of my weekend at noncon in ferret shock.

        <shrug>
        - K

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Karoline
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2001
          I really REALLY wanted the laser to miss just slightly and give dave a
          piercing. I wanted it alot. Wouldn't it have been a great plot point? Think
          of the things that Mell & Artie could've hooked up to him in his sleep?

          Well phoo.

          I guess this means more of Helen's dyke mom, so rock on!!

          - K

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Graham Gelling
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2001
            It might just be me not paying as much attention anymore, but There seems
            to be alot less hidden wrting and teenty script in the comic latley. Poor
            Chris E. is going to go mad without script to analyze. And me too. *pout
            pout* *puppy dog eyes*

            -Grahama
          • Pinual (Christopher Ellmann)
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2001
              Graham Gelling wrote:
              >Poor
              > Chris E. is going to go mad without script to analyze. And me too. *pout
              > pout* *puppy dog eyes*

              *agrees with Graham* But I'm not getting grumpy, cause I got
              personalized Small Print at NonCon. Mwahaha.

              Chris, (official stalker? *boggle*)
            • Graham Gelling
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 8, 2001
                > Graham Gelling wrote:
                > >Poor
                > > Chris E. is going to go mad without script to analyze. And me too. *pout
                > > pout* *puppy dog eyes*
                >
                > *agrees with Graham* But I'm not getting grumpy, cause I got
                > personalized Small Print at NonCon. Mwahaha.
                >
                > Chris, (official stalker? *boggle*)

                Oh sure flaunt your not-far-from-Vasser status why don't you. Taunt us
                who are far away, go right a head I don;t care. I didn;t wanna go to your
                crummy party anyways
              • Karoline
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 8, 2001
                  > Oh sure flaunt your not-far-from-Vasser status why don't you. Taunt us
                  > who are far away, go right a head I don;t care. I didn;t wanna go to your
                  > crummy party anyways

                  <snicker> I'm close to vassar too. So close that I got to pick up sarge's wife
                  and bounce across the room with her. Bwahahahaha....

                  - K, running like MAD, and apologizing to Sarge's family for the minor heart
                  attacks...

                  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                • Michael A Benedetto
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 8, 2001
                    On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Karoline wrote:

                    > > Oh sure flaunt your not-far-from-Vasser status why don't you. Taunt us
                    > > who are far away, go right a head I don;t care. I didn;t wanna go to your
                    > > crummy party anyways
                    >
                    > <snicker> I'm close to vassar too. So close that I got to pick up sarge's wife
                    > and bounce across the room with her. Bwahahahaha....

                    Sarge and her wife got to watch me down a Beck's in about two minutes
                    while reminiscing about pimping the B5 cast. Gotta love hotel bars.

                    -Mike

                    How can you have a life's work if you don't have a life?
                    -Nall, "Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete"
                  • mee42
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 10, 2001
                      >> <snicker> I'm close to vassar too. So close that I got to pick up
                      sarge's wife
                      >> and bounce across the room with her. Bwahahahaha....
                      >
                      >Sarge and her wife got to watch me down a Beck's in about two minutes
                      >while reminiscing about pimping the B5 cast. Gotta love hotel bars.

                      although we were so tired afterwards, we had to sleep in separate beds...

                      - mee, batting eyelashes