Jon Kennedy's update: Good Friday cross walk in Belfast

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      Jon Kennedy's 'Postcards from
      his sojourn in Northern Ireland'

      Cross walk for (western) Good Friday

      JONAL ENTRY 1272 | March 30 2013
      . . . take care lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we share in Christ, if only we hold our first confidence firm to the end, while it is said, "Today, when you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."
      — from Hebrews 12,
      from today's lenten Orthodox
      lectionary readings
      Diary: I have only about a half hour before this evening's vesper service, so I'll try to quickly post a video clip from yesterday's Good Friday cross walk between the Catholic section (Falls Road) and the Protestant section (Shankill) of Belfast. The walk from the Clonard Repemptorist Catholic monastery went past several Protestant churches, and walkers included members of various denominations, some of them carrying crosses. . . .