Re: [nantyglo_list] Thrown out of the Liberty Cafe"

  • Judy Rose
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 14, 2012
      Metaphorically speaking: I was being told the moon was made out of green cheese and I had the audacity to question it.... No problem. I never did like eating establishments where egomania was one of the few choices on the menu. Someone else might find it palatable, but not I however....

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 15, 2012

        Nanty –Glo must be going to the Dogs( just saying)……………Judy you hang In their……..you hear…………….

        Terry

[...]

      • Mary Margaret Miller
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 15, 2012
          Judy,
          Maybe instead of you making them uncomfortibable they meant the are intimidated by you. You are clearly more intelligent than most!  It is their loss!
          Mary Margaret

          To: nantyglo_list@yahoogroups.com
          From: gutch33@...
          Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:28:33 -0700

[...]

        • grandma Sallie
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 18, 2012
            There are some mean people in Nanty Glo.I have been camping quite a bit and just saw this today. I could not believe anyone would do such a thing.

          • sevenj@zitomedia.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 18, 2012
              > The Liberty Cafe': Someone on the NTAMHS board of Directors is made
              > uncomfortable" by my presence and about an hour ago I was told by Jim Toth
              > (
              > AFTER spending money there of course) to leave the Cafe " The "Board"
              > doesn
              > t want you in here and I was not to ever go back into the building." When
              > protested that it was a public place and I was a customer, he threatened
              > call the police to have me thrown out. I might add this scene took place
              > after the three people I was with: my husband Hobe Rose, and Phil and
              > Ginnie
              > Cronauer from Palm Beach, Florida had gone out of the building to take
              > some
              > photos of places in Nanty Glo. He called his mother, Janet Toth from her
              > upstairs apartment as a witness.
              >
              > Personally because of rumors I've heard, I've had reservations about
              > recommending the Liberty Cafe' to others since it opened, and after some
              > serious thought, removed all references to it from my Facebook page and
              > insisted Jon Kennedy remove my name from the review I gave the Cafe' which
              > he posted on the Nanty Glo Home Page. WWW.nantyglo.com. Thankfully, he not
              > only removed my name but the entire review as well. As for the NTAMHS, I
              > wonder if they'll refund the hundreds of dollars the hubby and I have
              > donated to their cause over the years....whether we believed in it's
              > viability or not? Mostly not.

              Doggone! And here I was gonna suggest we meet there for a BS session!
            • Judy Rose
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 19, 2012
                Hmmmm...according to the latest "Notify" sent by the Home Page webmaster, the Nanty Glo Historical Society is begging for new members. Really? Really? I was a member of that organization and I can tell you they've chased away more talented,devoted,dedicated,hard working people than I can count. That's what they get for sh*tting in their own nest.

                Throw a big fish into a little pond...

              • JSFrog65@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 19, 2012
                  most organizations r like that.Same way with OTHER places.The ones that have been there forever don't want new blood. I stay away

                  Hmmmm...according to the latest "Notify" sent by the Home Page webmaster, the Nanty Glo Historical Society is begging for new members. Really? Really? I was a member of that organization and I can tell you they've chased away more talented,devoted,dedicated,hard working people than I can count. That's what they get for sh*tting in their own nest.

                  Throw a big fish into a little pond...

                  > The Liberty Cafe': Someone on the NTAMHS board of Directors is made
                  > uncomfortable" by my presence and about an hour ago I was told by Jim Toth
                  > (
                  > AFTER spending money there of course) to leave the Cafe " The "Board"
                  > doesn
                  > t want you in here and I was not to ever go back into the building." When
                  > protested that it was a public place and I was a customer, he threatened
                  > call the police to have me thrown out. I might add this scene took place
                  > after the three people I was with: my husband Hobe Rose, and Phil and
                  > Ginnie
                  > Cronauer from Palm Beach, Florida had gone out of the building to take
                  > some
                  > photos of places in Nanty Glo. He called his mother, Janet Toth from her
                  > upstairs apartment as a witness.
                  >
                  > Personally because of rumors I've heard, I've had reservations about
                  > recommending the Liberty Cafe' to others since it opened, and after some
                  > serious thought, removed all references to it from my Facebook page and
                  > insisted Jon Kennedy remove my name from the review I gave the Cafe' which
                  > he posted on the Nanty Glo Home Page. WWW.nantyglo.com. Thankfully, he not
                  > only removed my name but the entire review as well. As for the NTAMHS, I
                  > wonder if they'll refund the hundreds of dollars the hubby and I have
                  > donated to their cause over the years....whether we believed in it's
                  > viability or not? Mostly not.

                  Doggone! And here I was gonna suggest we meet there for a BS session!

                • Ron Weekes
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 19, 2012