Nanotechnology and Satan

  • Jonathan Desp
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2000
      Hi Everybody,

      It's a paper, an open paper:

      Unfortunaly, I'm not english, but I try to discuss in english, because
      only them know very well their future. And I'm interested about my
      future, so I need to discuss with them, and be able to get my answers of
      all my questions. Then, I'm sorry if you didnot understand my writing
      and my meaning. Maybe I'm ignorant in some fields, if so, email me my
      mistake, internet is good for that. Not all my statements are good, some
      are wrong (maybe).

      I was in my bed, and I got a wonderful reflection on Nanotechnology and
      Religion. In Nanotechnology, in the community, on the web, we
      don't/didnot discuss alot about the future Religion and Nanotechnology(I
      think).

      Technology and Religion don't fit very well together. Alot of people are
      saying that Nanotechnology will become the most important thing in the
      21th century. But Technology, it's not always good, if you read the book
      EOC/UTF Nanowar, Ultra Artificial Intelligence, If you read the article
      called: Why the future don't need us, from Bill Joy. Or if you watch the
      movie the Matrix. It's not always good for us, there is no question
      about us at all. I remember the reader that, presently, there is alot of
      "machine evolution", "technology revolution", only these machines are
      getting innovation/evolution, not us, not human. And Technology is not
      the answer of our problems at all, we will still get disease in the
      future, we still get system that will destroy our nanomedicine system,
      we will still have both side, one good, one mad/bad, one ugly, one
      beautiful.

      two words:

      God and Religion.

      two another words:

      Satan and Technology.

      Why I put the word Satan beside Technology ? Well because
      technology/science are very against Religion and God.

      Because:

      Science is an exact thing (well, exact in what ? we don't know
      completely the whole universe mysteries, so all is very relative, and we
      are very far to get all the answers from our questions)

      Religion is not an exact thing (well, what, is not exact ? This kind of
      question cannot be asked in Religion, because in Religion, you need to
      believe in something, exact or not exact)

      So I got this sentence in my head, from only one Religion
      culture(christian,catholic,europe Religion,Rome,Jesus) (occident's
      Religon culture)

      I got this:

      time: 1000+ after Jesus
      What the society believed in: God and Jesus's philosophy/ideas, speech,
      famous speech from Jesus about God, Bible stuff etc...(middle age time
      in that kind of time)

      time: 2000+
      What the society will believe in: Technology/Science, mostly material
      and exact stuff, no religion at all.

      There is a fact, more people are near of science, less they believe in
      Religion and Spirituality/god things.

      Spirituality is all about "human evolution", nothing about "technology
      evolution". There is alot of "machine evolution", "technology
      revolution", only these machines are getting innovation/evolution, not
      us, not human.

      I don't say that with Nanotechnology, we won't have any Religion, of
      course we will have religion. But we need to discuss about this Future
      Religion, if we want see it in the future. We need to protect it. We
      need to discuss it, and be able to control it, or at least, be able to
      get a better Religion side, Spirituality side, Human Side. I don't know
      if the guys from Zyvex read that, but it could change the vision of
      their work.

      If Religion is still there with Nanotech:

      What I will presume in the Advanced Nanotechnology age:

      Two kind of people/philosophy:

      People that are for the technology, develop Nanotechnology without
      limit, beyond all, even if it's dangerous for human, human tradition,
      human knowledge, human sentiment.

      Or other kind of people, other kind of tradition, other kind of
      Religion/Spirituality:

      People that are for the technology, Nanotechnology with limit, i.e.
      Build limited assembler, or not universal assembler. OR, controlled
      assembler i.e. people are not able to program them for make bad things.
      These people will mostly be able to reach this limit, these people will
      mostly be able to surpass this limit, but they won't, because they will
      have something against it.

      So, it will be like in the past, when people believed in God, and other
      that believed in nothing. In the future, we will get people that want to
      surpass this technology, and other won't surpass, they won't want to
      surpass it. They will do it, by tradition, or by volonty, all the same
      volonty/feeling than in the past Religion. I make reference to an
      advanced age, where people can be isolated from each other tradition. On
      different planets for example.

      I didnot make any reflection where people are not isolated each other,
      i.e. people that want to surpass beyond any limit, this technology, and
      other that want stay with the current technology, and no surpass it more
      beyond, and live beside each other, near each other, with two kind of
      philosophy. I don't know if presently there is this kind of people. I
      know in some countries there is some people that are anti-technology and
      anti-american. They are alot more advanced in spirituality than many
      people. And with our current system, MONEY, competition, we are alot for
      Technology. and go toward that, because it give alot of Money (Bill
      Gates) and alot of Popularity/Love. But Remember that in YOUR head,
      technology is only good for Machine itself and mostly, I think.
      Spirituality is all about Human evolution, and not about Machine
      Evolution.

      Unfortunaly, I'm not english, but I try to discuss in english, because
      only them know very well their future. And I'm interested about my
      future, so I need to discuss with them, and be able to get my answers of
      all my questions. Then, I'm sorry if you didnot understand my writing
      and my meaning. Maybe I'm ignorant in some fields, if so, email me my
      mistake, internet is good for that. Not all my statements are good, some
      are wrong (maybe).

      It could be great to get some people, and to make a large paper, about
      this, if you want help, just email me. Because at my opinion, there is
      not alot of paper that talk about Religion and Nanotechnology. Religion
      was one of the most important word in the past. If there is any paper
      about that, email me the url please, I would like to read it. I think it
      could be great to the Foresight Institute, to incorporate the subject
      Religion, or NanoReligion, a new term. Because I don't see this subject
      here in this summary of topics:

      (maybe only Evolutionary Psychology, but it's not accurate enough)

      Abundance
      Artful Appreciation
      Collaborative Environments
      Communication Strategy
      Complex Systems
      Computer Security
      Creative Systems
      Critical Mass
      Decision-Support Systems
      Defining Progress
      Designer Communities
      Designing for Space
      Dynamic Equilibrium
      Emergent System Robustness
      Emerging Markets
      Encrypted Currency
      Evolutionary Psychology
      Foresight: the Action Plan
      Foresight Future
      Game Theory
      Gentle Seduction
      Globalization
      Healthcare Distribution
      Incentive Engineering
      Intelligent Ecology
      Intelligent Systems
      Intellectual Property: Abundance and Abuse
      Intellectual Property: Implementation
      Intellectual Property: Reform
      Knowledge Augmentation
      Language
      Liberty
      Life Extension
      Machine Rights
      MEMS
      Nano Economics
      Nano Medicine
      Nano Policy
      Nano Weapons
      Networking Bandwidth
      Open Law
      Open Source Update
      Parliamentary Assistants
      Preserving Liberty
      Quantum Computing
      R & D Funding
      Reform Tactics
      Rights and Responsibility
      Robotics
      Singularity Economics
      Sizing the State
      Smart Contracts
      Sociological Shifts
      Space Infrastructure
      Space Expansion
      Techo-Environment
      Techno-Ethics
      Tort Reform
      Trust and Security
      Universal Entitlements
      Uploading
      Venture Opportunities
      Wearable Technology

      Unfortunately I cannot access to any conference of FI, because its very
      far from me ! and it's expensive. at least there is internet and some
      mailing list. Which I think is alot better to make discusion, than any
      conference, all is more faster on internet, and we keep record of our
      discussion, for our future.

      --

      Pyramid schemes are illegal.
      Social Security is a pyramid scheme.