Re: [nanotech] Home Made Scanning Electron Microscope

  • ChuckB
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2012
      On 8/26/2012 5:35 PM, Bert wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I am new to the group. I am looking for information on building a home
      > made scanning electron microscope. If anyone has information it would
      > be much appreciated.

      Do you mean a scanning tunneling microscope? For an SEM, you would
      probably do better buying scrap parts.

      Chuck

    • Sandeep
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013
        Is it possible to make our own scanning tunneling microscope at home??

        I know that the tip is possible as it is simpler to cut using mechanical scissor

        --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, ChuckB <gumboyaya@...> wrote:

        > On 8/26/2012 5:35 PM, Bert wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > I am new to the group. I am looking for information on building a home
        > > made scanning electron microscope. If anyone has information it would
        > > be much appreciated.
        > >

        > Do you mean a scanning tunneling microscope? For an SEM, you would
        > probably do better buying scrap parts.
        >
        > Chuck

      • ChuckB
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
          On 3/28/2013 6:37 AM, Sandeep wrote:

          > Is it possible to make our own scanning tunneling microscope at home??
          >
          > I know that the tip is possible as it is simpler to cut using
          > mechanical scissor

          Yes, but the tip is probably the simplest part of it.

          CB