Nakaa Nanotechnology Network NNN Nanoscientists Database

  • science_doc_pharma
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2010
      Nanotechnology refers to research and technology development at the atomic, molecular, and macromolecular scale, leading to the controlled manipulation and study of structures and devices with length scales in the 1 to 100 nanometers range. Objects at this scale, such as "nanoparticles," have novel properties and functions that differ markedly from those seen in the bulk scale.

      Nanotechnology has achieved the status as one of the critical research endeavors of the early 21st century, as scientists studies the unique properties of atomic and molecular assemblages built at the nanometer scale.

      Our rule as a network is to co-operate together to achieve our scientific gools in all aspects and fields of nanotechnology and introduce its benefits to the Arabic socity.

      The Nanoscientists

      This network idea goes around establishing a network of students from their early stages in primary school till professors in universities and decision makers in industrial and social organizations for all who are interested in nanotechnology so we can bring up generations who can apply this innovative technology for the welfare of human being especially for those in the Arab and/or African region. This technology is the ideal one for poor countries which annoy from poverty, water problems, food problems and Information technology challenges. All these problems and more can be solved through this technology which needs just few resources to be applied. Educational and training programs as well as social workshops in preparation and application of nanomodels must be organized after categorization of all who would like to join this network either as trainers, trainees, volunteers and sponsors to achieve the goal of establishing a collaborative network of all those who can make any role to apply nanotechnology.

      we are establishing now Nakaa Nanotechnology Network Nanoscientists Database. It contains 2 categeories:

      Category 1:

      Nanoexperts which have worked or studied nanotechnology and nanoscience in all scientific fields

      Category 2:

      Those interested to study and work in nanotechnology and have no pervious experience

      If you are really interested to join our network database, please send the following to our email:

      nakaa.nanotechnology.network@...

      1. your CV
      2. your job descripition
      3. brief description for your nanotechnology activity if present (Category 1)
      4. brief description for field of interest in nanoscience or nanotechnology (Category 2)

      Inorder to be eligible to join our network, you must be:

      * 13 years old or more
      * be a resident of one of the following countries:

      Afghanistan
      Albania
      Algeria
      Angola
      Azerbaijan
      Madagascar
      Malawi
      Malaysia
      Mali
      Morocco
      Mozambique
      Namibia
      Nepal
      Netherlands
      Netherlands Antilles
      Nicaragua
      Niger
      Nigeria
      North Korea
      Latvia
      Lebanon
      Libya
      Liechtenstein
      Kazakhstan
      Kenya
      Korea, North
      Korea, South
      Kosovo
      Kuwait
      Kyrgyzstan
      Bahrain
      Bangladesh
      Belarus
      Belgium
      Benin
      Bolivia
      Bosnia and Herzegovina
      Botswana
      Brunei
      Burkina Faso
      Burma
      Burundi
      Cameroon
      Central African Republic
      Chad
      Chile
      China
      Comoros
      Congo (Brazzaville)
      Congo (Kinshasa)
      Cote d'Ivoire
      Djibouti
      Qatar
      Pakistan
      Palestin
      Philippines
      Taiwan
      Tajikistan
      Tanzania
      Thailand
      Timor-Leste
      Togo
      Tonga
      Trinidad and Tobago
      Tunisia
      Turkey
      Turkmenistan
      Tuvalu
      Uganda
      Ukraine
      United Arab Emirates
      United Kingdom
      Uruguay
      Uzbekistan
      Vietnam
      Yemen
      Zambia
      Zimbabwe
      Oman
      Egypt
      Equatorial Guinea
      Eritrea
      Estonia
      Ethiopia
      Saudi Arabia
      Senegal
      Sierra Leone
      Singapore
      Slovakia
      Slovenia
      Somalia
      South Africa
      South Korea
      Spain
      Sri Lanka
      Sudan
      Suriname
      Syria
      Gabon
      Gambia
      Germany
      Ghana
      Guatemala
      Guinea
      Guinea-Bissau
      GuyanaIndia
      Indonesia
      Iraq
      Ireland
      Italy
      Japan
      Jordan

      * If the person is not resident of one of the pervious countries, he must carry the nationality of one of them
      * Join our group on facebook if having an account http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=360199965846or Join our group on nanopaprika http://www.nanopaprika.eu/group/nakaananotechnologynetwork

      Dead line for first call to join our network will be 31 January 2011

      Best regards

      Wesam Ahmed Tawfik
      President of NNN
      01521684185
    • Erich Knight
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2010
        Dear Mr. Tawfik
        Reading your efforts I was very excited to share my work in a natural
        nanotechnology for the soil. Biochar or charcoal made specifically for soil
        carbon sequestration, a product of pyrolysis or Gascification of biomass for
        biofuels. The Char conserves the elemental carbon in the porous form of the
        lignin plant cell structure. The microbes & Fungi of the soil food web show
        a synergistic affinity with these carbon structures acelerating moisture &
        nutrient transport and chemicaly siganaled plant communication.

        Carl Sagan's human connection to stardust leaves out a critical stage. We
        are stardust, but only stardust transformed by life. Every time I look at
        the SEMs of Chars, it strikes me, the perfect preservation of the base
        structures of life, a fractal vision, how life creates the greatest surface
        area with the least amount of material. The preservation of this structure,
        for return to the lowest order of life, seems almost a religious act. A
        perfect cradle to cradle recycling, biotic carbon should never be combusted
        and destroyed, be revered, as life is revered, to be returned to the cradle
        of terrestrial life, the Soil.

        At all scales; Industry & Farm, to clean burning cook stoves for
        subsistence farmers the benefits cascade.
        Another significant aspect of low cost Biomass cook stoves, that produce
        char, is removal of BC aerosols and no respiratory disease emissions. At
        Scale, replacing "Three Stone" stoves the health benefits would equal
        eradication of Malaria & Aids combined.
        The Biochar Fund :
        The broad smiles of 1500 subsistence farmers say it all ( that, and the size
        of the Biochar corn root balls )
        http://biocharfund.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=75
        Exceptional results from biochar experiment in Cameroon

        *Global Clean Stove Initiative:*
        100 million clean-burning stoves in kitchens around the world.
        http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2010/09/147494.htm
        *
        WorldStoves in Haiti* ;
        http://www.charcoalproject.org/2010/05/a-man-a-stove-a-mission/

        *

        Agriculture allowed our cultural accent and Agriculture will now prevent our
        descent.*

        Wise Land management; Organic farming and afforestation can build back our
        soil carbon,

        Biochar allows the soil food web to build much more recalcitrant organic
        carbon, ( living biomass & Glomalins) in addition to the carbon in the
        biochar.

        Every 1 ton of Biomass yields 1/3 ton Charcoal for soil Sequestration (= to
        1 Ton CO2e) + Bio-Gas & Bio-oil fuels = to 1MWh exported electricity, so is
        a totally virtuous, carbon negative energy cycle.

        Biochar viewed as soil Infrastructure; The old saw;
        "Feed the Soil Not the Plants" becomes;
        "Feed, Cloth and House the Soil, utilities included !".
        Free Carbon Condominiums with carboxyl group fats in the pantry and hydroxyl
        alcohol in the mini bar.
        Build it and the Wee-Beasties will come.
        Microbes like to sit down when they eat.
        By setting this table we expand husbandry to whole new orders & Kingdoms of
        life.

        Please look at the climate, profit, food security, water saving potential.
        Many projects in the countries your allowing to subscribe to your network
        Country; http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/country
        Organizations; http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/organizations
        Products; http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/materials
        Companies; http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/company

        *N & P CYCLES TOO; *
        Whole systems solutions based on building soil carbon take a while to filter
        through one's mind to see the manifold benefits. The "Eyes Glaze Over"
        microbial complexity, labile verses recalcitrant carbon, Cation Exchange
        Capacity (CEC) etc, all conspire to slow peoples comprehension .

        Once thought through however, the elemental carbon nature of biochar
        understood, soil's reduced GHG emissions and the local economic stimulus
        perceived, then can be added that beyond rectifying the Carbon Cycle,
        biochar systems serve the same healing function for the Nitrogen &
        Phosphorous Cycles, Toxicity in Soils & Sediments and cut the carbon foot
        print of livestock by 1/2 with a 5%Char feed ration.

        The production of fossil fuel free ammonia & char (SynGest,
        http://www.syngest.com/<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esyngest%2Ecom%2F&urlhash=8hgy>
        )
        and the* 52% conservation of NH3 in composting with chars*, are just the
        newest pathways for the highest value use of the fractionation of biomass.

        I'm sad that you exclude me because of my nationality, global problems
        require global solutions.

        My Dad, a cold warrior, Vietnam battalion commander, gave this short answer
        when asked about *Mutually Assured Destruction or MAD* defense policy,
        *" GIVE ME Liberty or GIVE ME Half-Life "*
        While I envision an offensive policy of* Mutually Assured Sustainability
        (MAS)* in a new "Green Cold War" with China. Based on carbon accountancy,
        the rules are simple; Who ever moves more Carbon from the air to the Soil
        wins, but so does second place, as third and so on.

        Since we have filled the air , filling the seas to full, Soil is the Only
        Beneficial place left.
        Carbon to the Soil, the only ubiquitous and economic place to put it.

        Erich J. Knight
        Chairman; Markets and Business Review Committee
        US BiocharConference, at Iowa State University, June 27-30
        http://www.biorenew.iastate.edu/events/biochar2010/conference-agenda/agenda-overview.html

        EcoTechnologies Group Technical Adviser
        http://www.ecotechnologies.com/index.html
        Shenandoah Gardens (Owner)
        1047 Dave Barry Rd.
        McGaheysville, VA. 22840
        540 289 9750
        Co-Administrator, Biochar Data base & Discussion list
        TP-REPP<http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/?q=node>