nanoUtah: USU Faculty is looking for Nano indentation machine

  • Tapas Kar
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      ________________________________
      From: Leila Ladani [mailto:ladani@...]
      Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:52 PM
      To: Tapas Kar
      Subject: Nano indentation machine

      Hello Dr. Kar,
      As I mentioned on the phone I would like to do nano indentation on a metallic (Aluminum) specimen to measure some of the mechanical properties. The nano indentation machine does not have to have specific characteristics. All I need is to have the load displacement for loading and unloading and be able to indent the grains smaller than 100 microns. I would appreciate if you could disseminate this to the nano community and let me know if you find it anywhere in Utah.

      Thank you

      Leila J. ladani
      Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
      Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322
      435-797-0480