Nicolet Almega XR Dispersive Raman Spectrometer

  • liz.leigh24
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi All,

      My company recently acquired a 2004 Thermo Nicolet Almega XR Dispersive Raman Spectrometer. It's a complete system in very good condition. We're resellers but generally don't deal with this type of equipment so I am a bit lost as to who would use this. Also any suggestions/knowledge of this instrument is much appreciated.

      Thanks!

      Liz Leigh

      1460 O'Brien Dr
      Menlo Park, CA 94025
      p: 650-804-7006
      f: 650-324-2458
      Elizabeth@... www.aaisolutions.com
    • Frank Isackson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        Liz,

        This site may help you. Dispersive Raman Spectroscopy is neither for
        the faint of heart nor the impoverished of wallet.

        Frank
        On Jun 1, 2009, at 8:23 AM, liz.leigh24 wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > My company recently acquired a 2004 Thermo Nicolet Almega XR
        > Dispersive Raman Spectrometer. It's a complete system in very good
        > condition. We're resellers but generally don't deal with this type
        > of equipment so I am a bit lost as to who would use this. Also any
        > suggestions/knowledge of this instrument is much appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Liz Leigh
        >
        > 1460 O'Brien Dr
        > Menlo Park, CA 94025
        > p: 650-804-7006
        > f: 650-324-2458
        > Elizabeth@... www.aaisolutions.com

      • Chuck B
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
          Liz,

          You wrote:
          > ...XR Dispersive
          > Raman Spectrometer. ...I am a
          > bit lost as to who would use this...

          Analytical chemists, materials scientists. We use one in undergraduate labs.

          Chuck