Re: Some basic questions:

  • protn7
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
      I have been working on materials for fusion reactors myself. Can you
      give me contact information for contacting Dr. Kanphil?

      Neil Farbstein

      President, Vulvox Nanobiotechnology Inc. http://vulvox.tripod.com
      <http://vulvox.tripod.com> protn7@... <mailto:protn7@...>

      --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "david lyndel" <bodhitreekey@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > > now with computer aid.
      > >
      > > 1974: Became very interested in a new form of geometry, (`balls'),
      > > that must be worked in 3-D. Different from `sphere-packing' as must
      > > assume motion and that some balls `pass through' another type.
      > Built
      > > models. Saw `possible' relationship to `odd/new' physics being
      > > developed in Czechoslovakia wherein `secret in geometry' was not
      > given
      > > out, (Chapter 28 of very old book, Psychic Discoveries Behind Iron
      > > Curtain). Only had possible very basic understanding: possible
      > `main
      > > thread'. Wrote IBM. They had an interest and had exchange of
      > letters
      > > with head of `Math Intake', (Mandelbrot), who about a year or so
      > later
      > > started to become famous for fractals. In last letter he suggested
      > > that I get, (and he used plural), my `lawyers'. Was living with a
      > > `starving actress' in Greenwich Village so did not know what to do.
      > > No matter, was just a `possible main thread' anyway.
      > >
      > > 1976 or 77: Attended a lecture at United Nations building on
      > > holographic theory. Was handed a copy of Tetrahedral Physics by
      > C.W.
      > > Cho by guy who invited me. Very impressed as what appears as
      > > tetrahedron very basic to holography. C.W. Cho's work has loose
      > > relationship to string-theory, but different too, as made 12 a basic
      > > division.
      > >
      > > 1983: Obtained help from a retired mathematician who had worked for
      > > Arthur D. Little research out of Cambridge, MA. He wrote to the
      > navy.
      > > Underwater Systems Command took what I had, again very little.
      > This
      > > mathematician was very aware of how arbitrary most of our math is.
      > > Gave me suggestions as to how to develop. Felt it was like being
      > told
      > > to count grains of sand on a beach and put off for years.
      > >
      > > 1993: Followed the directions, did not take as long as I thought and
      > > made some progress.
      > >
      > > 2007: Started working on this again and found major aspect of thread
      > > missing. Started a book which will have many diagrams which I am
      > > doing just black and white in Corel Draw. If of any value `real'
      > > mathematicians will need to take over.
      > >
      > > Another, possibly stupid, question not as important as above but is
      > > crossing my mind:
      > > Goethe, 1810, and his work with light:
      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Colours
      > >
      > > Usually we think of the spectrum as yellow in sort of center, blue
      > > one side, red to the other. Goethe demonstrated that as light
      > > decreases at one very low intensity through a prism red is more
      > > center, (discrete jump), and with an even lower intensity blue. Is
      > it
      > > conceivable that prisms can be constructed nano? If so would these
      > > discrete alterations of sequence be: 1- more pronounced, and 2- seen

    • david lyndel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hi Neil,
        Dr. Kanphil's email comes up on a search of his name. I had it in
        my address book but I wanted to make sure it was public before
        posting publically.

        kanphil@...

        It has een sometime since he and I exchanged emails. But Kanphil
        has quite a bit of work available in english.
        Best regards,
        David