Symposium in Philly

  • Dr. David Deal
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2007
      Symposium on the Social Studies of Nanotechnology to be held in
      Philadelphia, PA June 8,2007. The event is co-sponsored by The Wharton
      School & Chemical Heritage Foundation. The meeting will bring togtehr
      stakeholders to examine the economic, political & social issues raised
      bynanotechnolgy. keynote speaker: Vicki Colvin, director of the Center
      for Biological Environmental Nanotechnology at Rice University.
      www.chemheritage.org/events/

      Post script: I know this part of the field tends to cuase many scitech
      minds to shutdown but the implications of such meetings is crucial to
      the field. How our technology impacts society should be both a catalyst
      and parameter for our ideas, innovations & inventions. IMHO
      ddd
    • Dr. David Deal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007
        i would like to add to the original post that if anyone attends this
        conference i for one would like to hear a summary of the event's
        discussions and your personal take on this. this is an area of
        interest especially how science, engineering & technology impacts
        society, the economy and environmemt. thanks in advance.
        ddd

        sit on a s--- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. David Deal"