LiftPort

  • Herbert Murray
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2007
      This week I posted this request on the NSS group for SE. I have
      decide to open up to a bigger audience. Post follows:

      I talked to Michael Laine this week about the possibilities of
      asking volunteers helping him reinvent LiftPort. Liftport's new vision
      and goal is an open source and highly collaborative organization
      adopting the Wikinomics paradigm. Not everyone agrees one on what
      that means,(or understands what that means) but that is not important
      for the work that needs to be done in the near future. There are two
      general areas were Michael needs lots of help:

      A. Building content on the LiftPort's Part of the Wikinomics site
      B. Helping with the balloon effort.

      I will receive specific to-do lists in the very near future. Mean time
      I would like to start organizing a list of people who are interest in
      helping with these efforts. If you are interest in building content on
      the Wikinomics site, you should start looking through it. I have place
      the link at the end of this post.

      I believe this is an opportunity to really make a difference in making
      the elevator to space a step closer to reality, and certainly helping
      Micheal and Liftport, so please spread the word.

      If you are interested the choices for contacting me are:

      A Reply to this post
      B Email me at hcm1955@...
      C Call me at work: 301 698 3382
      D IM: Yahoo at hcm1955

      Links

      LiftPort's Wikinomics:
      http://tinyurl.com/2o334o

      Wikinomics Book (I have a copy on order):
      http://tinyurl.com/33qhhq

      Cheers,
      Bert
    • Dr. David Deal
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2007
        Playing the devil's advocate here but have there been considerations
        or studies about the interlinking of the different levels or sections
        of the atmosphere. i saw those concerns by an inquiring mind in an
        environmental interest yahoo group. i would spend time thinking about
        it but most of my neurons are busy on other things. where is the 301
        area code. you are not the herbert murray promoting the use of
        american teachers in canada are you? just curious...
        david a.k.a. docdeal

        --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert Murray" <hcm1955@...> wrote:

        > This week I posted this request on the NSS group for SE. I have
        > decide to open up to a bigger audience. Post follows:
        >
        > I talked to Michael Laine this week about the possibilities of
        > asking volunteers helping him reinvent LiftPort. Liftport's new
        vision
        > and goal is an open source and highly collaborative organization
        > adopting the Wikinomics paradigm. Not everyone agrees one on what
        > that means,(or understands what that means) but that is not
        important
        > for the work that needs to be done in the near future. There are two
        > general areas were Michael needs lots of help:
        >
        > A. Building content on the LiftPort's Part of the Wikinomics site
        > B. Helping with the balloon effort.
        >
        > I will receive specific to-do lists in the very near future. Mean
        time
        > I would like to start organizing a list of people who are interest
        in
        > helping with these efforts. If you are interest in building content
        on
        > the Wikinomics site, you should start looking through it. I have
        place
        > the link at the end of this post.
        >
        > I believe this is an opportunity to really make a difference in
        making
        > the elevator to space a step closer to reality, and certainly
        helping
        > Micheal and Liftport, so please spread the word.
        >
        > If you are interested the choices for contacting me are:
        >
        > A Reply to this post
        > B Email me at hcm1955@
        > C Call me at work: 301 698 3382
        > D IM: Yahoo at hcm1955
        >
        > Links
        >
        > LiftPort's Wikinomics:
        > http://tinyurl.com/2o334o
        >
        > Wikinomics Book (I have a copy on order):
        > http://tinyurl.com/33qhhq
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Bert

      • Herbert Murray
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2007
          Hi Dave,

          301 is Maryland. My main interest is promoting the development of
          space elevator. Liftport is a private company developing the
          technology( including Carbon Nanotubes) required for the development
          of a space elevator. I run( or trying to run) the NSS SE chapter which
          you can find more about at:
          http://seattlewebcrafters.com/nsecc/?q=node/view/2

          I am afraid I am not the Herbert Murray promoting teachers.

          Thanks,
          Bert

          --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. David Deal"