Re: [nanotech] hi

  • deepakps@aint.amity.edu
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 5, 2007
      Quoting preet_pal39 <preet_pal39@...>:

      > hi everyone ,my name is preeti i have done post graduation in
      > physics ,i m very much intersted in nanotechnology plz can anyone
      > guide me with my qualification wat can i do in this field?

      hi preeti,

      nice to know about your interest in nanotechnology,Well as a physics student you
      have brightest option to do work in nanotech....you can work on nano-magnetism,
      nano-semicondutors,nano-electronics,nanomaterials etc... so go ahead with
      nanotechnology ....

      regards,
      Deepak pratap
      MSc nanoscience
      Amity Inst. Of nanotechnology.
    • maria fis
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 13, 2007
        hi,
        my name is magda. I am a student from Roumania.
        i have your address from a friend which contact you last year. she recomanded me to contact you for geting information about metalic nanopowders, because she known that i'm interested in. in roumania and on the web (as long as i serched), i didnt found big deal about this subject.
        what I want to ask you is if you could recomand me some addresses where i could find some information about the history of metalic nanopowders, how are them obteined, about metalic nanopowders characterization tehnics and where are them used.
        i hope you could help me.
        I'm looking forward to geting news from you,
        your sincerily,
        magda

      • Prajapati Uday
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 17, 2007
          maria fis <fiscanmagda@...> wrote: hi,
          my name is magda. I am a student from Roumania.
          i have your address from a friend which contact you last year. she recomanded me to contact you for geting information about metalic nanopowders, because she known that i'm interested in. in roumania and on the web (as long as i serched), i didnt found big deal about this subject.
          what I want to ask you is if you could recomand me some addresses where i could find some information about the history of metalic nanopowders, how are them obteined, about metalic nanopowders characterization tehnics and where are them used.
          i hope you could help me.
          I'm looking forward to geting news from you,
          your sincerily,
          magda

          actually madam i m collecting information
          but i will provide

        • Dr. David Deal
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 19, 2007
            --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, maria fis <fiscanmagda@...> wrote:

            hi magda,
            i meant to say hello sooner. i am a "big deal"(see last name) so
            now you have found a pretty big deal. just kidding. haha
            i will send you some files from my private email which is

            dealproject@...

            or better you could send me email at my address and i reply to get
            you in my address book. then i know your address is valid & working.
            if i send too many let me know.
            david

            PS: the same request applies to any one else needing articles, files,
            etc. just send me email with "nanotech group" in subject header.
            we don't call ourselves Science Information Exchange for nothing.

            > hi,
            > my name is magda. I am a student from Roumania.
            > i have your address from a friend which contact you last year.
            she recomanded me to contact you for geting information about metalic
            nanopowders, because she known that i'm interested in. in roumania
            and on the web (as long as i serched), i didnt found big deal about
            this subject.
            > what I want to ask you is if you could recomand me some
            addresses where i could find some information about the history of
            metalic nanopowders, how are them obteined, about metalic nanopowders
            characterization tehnics and where are them used.
            > i hope you could help me.
            > I'm looking forward to geting news from you,
            > your sincerily,
            > magda

          • rajesh
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 7 11:38 PM
              hello everybody,
              I was interested in reading online books on nanotechnology or books related to NANO and there applications in all fields.
              could anyone tell me the sites from where can i get the prescribed knowledge.
              Thanking u,
              rajeshwer.
            • ginilg
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 30, 2010
                hi frnds, new to this field...would like to know more about practical applications currently done. also would like to know if there are uni grads doing research in the field among the members..
                thnx
                george
              • Saumitra
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 30, 2010
                  Hi guys, may be you can check www.nanohub.org  It is a good way to start learning about nanotech in the realm of semiconductors/materials It is hosted at Purdue Univ.
                  thanksS

                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 31, 2010
                    thanks saumitra for your link.
                    any university guys here on this group?

                    On 8/30/10, Saumitra <beatnik8983@...> wrote:
                    > Hi guys, may be you can check www.nanohub.org  It is a good way to start
                    > learning about nanotech in the realm of semiconductors/materials It is
                    > hosted at Purdue Univ.
                    > thanksS

                    gg
                  • Neville Ford
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 8, 2010
                      \I am seeking info as to whether nanotec can be used to make super strong
                      material

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 8, 2010
                        Graphene
                        Mechanical properties
                        As of 2009, graphene appears to be one of the strongest materials
                        ever tested. Measurements have shown that graphene has a breaking
                        strength 200 times greater than steel.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 12, 2010
                          what is the nanotech? then what type of knowledge we get known by this nanotech? how can i understand and how can i research by this topic?
                        • Bruce Bombere
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 13, 2010
                            carbon molecule medicine, manufacturing, electronics...

                            you can get nanotubes online:
                            http://www.nanocarbonsales.com/

                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 14, 2010
                              nano means things of10 to power -6 of a metre ie ultra tiny

                              what is the nanotech? then what type of knowledge we get known by this nanotech?
                              how can i understand and how can i research by this topic?

                            • 自然
                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 19, 2010
                                Nanotechnology, shortened to "nanotech", is the study of the controlling of matter on an atomic and molecular scale. Generally nanotechnology deals with structures sized between 1 to 100 nanometer in at least one dimension, and involves developing materials or devices within that size.

                                Nanotechnology is very diverse, ranging from extensions of conventional device physics to completely new approaches based upon molecular self-assembly, from developing new materials with dimensions on the nanoscale to investigating whether we can directly control matter on the atomic scale.

                                There has been much debate on the future implications of nanotechnology. Nanotechnology may be able to create many new materials and devices with a vast range of applications, such as in medicine, electronics, biomaterials and energy production. On the other hand, nanotechnology raises many of the same issues as with any introduction of new technology, including concerns about the toxicity and environmental impact of nanomaterials, and their potential effects on global economics, as well as speculation about various doomsday scenarios. These concerns have led to a debate among advocacy groups and governments on whether special regulation of nanotechnology is warranted.