Re: [nanotech] Interesting tidbit on nanotech for solar

  • MyWickedDolls@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 19, 2006
      Hello,

      My name is Leia.

      I need to make a solar powered charger to charge batteries that can run my
      electrical appliances for short periods of time. Any ideas...

      Where do I look for do it yourself instructions?

      Mahalo,

      Leia

    • dmorcan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
        Leia,
        Try this link:
        http://www.freetricity.com/

        --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, MyWickedDolls@... wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > My name is Leia.
        >
        > I need to make a solar powered charger to charge batteries that
        can run my
        > electrical appliances for short periods of time. Any ideas...
        >
        > Where do I look for do it yourself instructions?
        >
        > Mahalo,
        >
        > Leia

      • too_much green_tea
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
          Hmmm ... that really isn't nanotech ...

          Depending on the power you need, you may want to take a look peak at power trackers (basically smart DC/DC converter). It's not rocket science, but it isn't something for novice either. You maybe better off buying existing modules.

          -----

          Come and visit my 360°
          http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
            Correction: meant to type "a look at peak power trackers" :)

            -----