Re: [nanotech] Interesting tidbit on nanotech for solar

  • mukund bade
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 19, 2006
      Hallo all Dear friends
      The following link couldnot open. Can you suggest me alternative?
      http://www.cleantechblog.com/2006/09/observations-from-investing-in-
      solar.html
      hawkerforest <hawkerforest@...> wrote: Recent article on trends in solar on CleantechBlog.com focused on
      observations from the recent Investing in Solar conference.

      http://www.cleantechblog.com/2006/09/observations-from-investing-in-
      solar.html

      Really interesting was the discusion of Innovalight's silicon
      nanopowders that can be used to create a "tunable" solar cell.

      BADE MUKUND HARIBHAU
      SARDAR PATEL ENGINEERING COLLEGE,
      MUNSHINAGAR, ANDHERI (W),
      MUMBAI-400058

    • Gina Miller
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 19, 2006
        The link does work, it is just broken in the email - see the solar.html part below the top line of the link is not clickable....

        Try this:

        http://www.cleantechblog.com/2006/09/observations-from-investing-in-solar.html

        Click the link above, it should work. If not copy and post the entire link into your address bar -
        making sure to check that it is all there.

        Gina "Nanogirl" Miller (the moderator)
        Nanotechnology Industries
        http://www.nanoindustries.com
        Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com/index2.html
        Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
        Crafts blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
        Foresight Participating Member http://www.foresight.org
        Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute http://www.extropy.org
        3D/Animation http://www.nanogirl.com/museumfuture/index.htm
        Email: nanogirl@...
        "Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."

      • MyWickedDolls@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 19, 2006
          Hello,

          My name is Leia.

          I need to make a solar powered charger to charge batteries that can run my
          electrical appliances for short periods of time. Any ideas...

          Where do I look for do it yourself instructions?

          Mahalo,

          Leia

        • dmorcan
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
            Leia,
            Try this link:
            http://www.freetricity.com/

            --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, MyWickedDolls@... wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > My name is Leia.
            >
            > I need to make a solar powered charger to charge batteries that
            can run my
            > electrical appliances for short periods of time. Any ideas...
            >
            > Where do I look for do it yourself instructions?
            >
            > Mahalo,
            >
            > Leia

          • too_much green_tea
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
              Hmmm ... that really isn't nanotech ...

              Depending on the power you need, you may want to take a look peak at power trackers (basically smart DC/DC converter). It's not rocket science, but it isn't something for novice either. You maybe better off buying existing modules.

              -----

              Come and visit my 360°
              http://360.yahoo.com/toomuchgreentea

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
                Correction: meant to type "a look at peak power trackers" :)

                -----