Re: [nanotech] starting nanotechnology for an eee student and which areas in physics is the imp

  • Kapil Kanugo
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2006
      Yes, i do agree with your notion about development of plugins and even Accelyrs does offer some special functionalities,but still there is much scope for software in the Nano simulation and development domain..

      kapil kanugo

      Wayne Richardson <psiclone@...> wrote: CAD? Materials[metals,plastics,silicon]conducive to biological acceptance
      for lentiviral/bacterial material vectoring? has anyone thought of cad
      plug-ins to augment nanotech? maybe there is a niche for some programmer.
      i'm also interested in biomimetic nanotech, and would like to hear what
      everyone thinks are good areas to study for preparation in this nubile field
      of study.

      shiva om namaho

      On 5/19/06, tanuj gigras <gigras_nano9@...> wrote:

      > hello satyadhar.
      > its good to hear that you are so interested in nanotechnology.i am a
      > student of the engineering physics program you mentioned, at iit
      > bombay.this program was started in 2005 and we 7 people are the very first
      > benefitors of it.
      > you are in which year and in which department.
      > since i am on holidays and dont have frequent access to net i dont check
      > my mails frequently.
      > bye
      >
      > satyadhar joshi <satyadhar_joshi@...> wrote:
      > OM NAMAH SHIVAY
      >
      > Respected Sir,
      > I am a student of EEE 1st year in Indore , I am seriously interested
      > in Nanotechnology so I needed some help from you on how to start
      > Nanotechnology ands what topics from physics and from which source
      > should be started and to be taken to which levels whether Bsc.
      > physics level or Msc. Level from here one can take nanotechnology
      > and which topics of the curriculum of Msc. Physics are to stressed
      > on and studied with more depth to take nanotechnology after
      > graduation. I will be having string base on EEE which will be my
      > area of graduation. I have downloaded the curriculum of Btech Engg
      > physics and specialization in Nanotechnology from IIT Bombay site.
      >
      > Please guide me.
      > The topics I think important are these please mark the important
      > ones as star * and write a text-book name near the topics if you can
      > please. And if anything
      >
      > Quantum Mechanics

      > Statistical Physics

      > Classical Mechanics

      > Nuclear Physics

      > Solid State Physics

      > Photonics

      > Semiconductor Physics
    • spooky dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5 10:41 PM
        SIR,
        This is spandan Pandya and I m interested in nanotechnology. Currently m in twelth for 2007.Along wid that m also studying for IIT-JEE., wich i will appear in 2007.Please guide me as to how to go about it after 12th. Also please guide me as to what is the minimum percentile required in twelth and in IIT to get Nanotechnology.Also sir it is not sure that I will through the JEE.If that is the case then please guid me as to wat options do I have to persue Nanotech. after 12th .
        Hope to get ur kind advice
        spandan