Re: [nanotech] Re: The Next Great Industrial Revolution

  • r X
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 30, 2005
      process and action will always underpin industry.

      it is a case of creating the vehicles through
      mediation, skills networks and local gov provision.

      best luck.

      roderick

      --- Tim <sage_xenocide@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Does no one take me seriously or is this just a boring
      topic?

      --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "sage_xenocide"
      <sage_xenocide@y...>
      wrote:

      > I think we all know what I am talking about. At some
      point in time,
      nanotechnology will need to take over industry
      entirely to raise the
      bar of our world's cutting-edge products. It is my
      very strong belief
      that this will start from education. This education
      has already begun,
      and I source this article for a dash of background
      reading for those
      who are not up to snuff with the information (or to
      give a quick
      reminder of the idea to those who are).

      > To start on my topic, however, I will state that
      come the spring of
      2006, there will be graduating students from Dakota
      County Techincal
      College with an Associates Degree in Nanoscience
      Technology. These
      students will be able to fill technician roles for
      companys large and
      small alike. They will represent the main workforce
      in an industry
      transforming to adapt the largely untapped wealth of
      the nano-age. A
      workforce that can carry out what technicians like
      today do, except
      for nanotechnology.

      > Since I am new to this yahoo group, I do not know
      the diversity of
      people here yet, but I ask if you think industry is
      ready to accept
      these people into thier workforce? Are they ready to
      open the doors to
      workers that can understand the major aspects of
      multidisciplinary
      nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.?
      Is this
      something that you would address to your colleges in
      hope of helping
      this revolution take off? Are you, or the company you
      work for, ready?

      > ~S

    • Edmond Dantes
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
        > > Since I am new to this yahoo group, I do not know the diversity of
        > people here yet, but I ask if you think industry is ready to accept
        > these people into thier workforce? Are they ready to open the doors to
        > workers that can understand the major aspects of multidisciplinary
        > nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.? Is this
        > something that you would address to your colleges in hope of helping
        > this revolution take off? Are you, or the company you work for, ready?
        >
        > > ~S

        I would imagine the progress of nanotechnology to be much like the progress
        of software. By the time you get a PhD, you're woefully out-of-date. And
        some of the greatest advances will come from garage nano-hackers.

        It will be a time where true fortunes can be made.

        --
        -- Edmond Dantes, CMC
        Shameless plugs:
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
          Are they ready to open the doors to
          > workers that can understand the major aspects of multidisciplinary
          > nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.?

          If they can understand the major aspects of multipdisciplinary
          nanotech then why do they need a masters or phd?

          Edmond Dantes wrote:

          > > > Since I am new to this yahoo group, I do not know the diversity of
          > > people here yet, but I ask if you think industry is ready to accept
          > > these people into thier workforce? Are they ready to open the doors to
          > > workers that can understand the major aspects of multidisciplinary
          > > nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.? Is this
          > > something that you would address to your colleges in hope of helping
          > > this revolution take off? Are you, or the company you work for, ready?
          > >
          > > > ~S
          >
          > I would imagine the progress of nanotechnology to be much like the
          > progress
          > of software. By the time you get a PhD, you're woefully out-of-date. And
          > some of the greatest advances will come from garage nano-hackers.
          >
          > It will be a time where true fortunes can be made.
          >
          > --
          > -- Edmond Dantes, CMC
          > Shameless plugs:
        • pulsed_ignition
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
            I believe the greatest breakthrough will be from nanodiamond powder
            in Medical, superconductor and Semiconductor applications.

            Regards,
            Chris Arnold
            http://members.aol.com/hypercom59

          • shengar@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
              Hi Folks:

              This may be old news, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is:

              Argonne theorist gains new insight into the nature of nanodiamond
              http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-09/dnl-atg090905.php

              Erich

            • Chris Arnold
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 14, 2008
                Dr. Eiji Osawa reviewed the Raman of my Non Detonation NanoDiamond
                and was shocked at the purity.

                The quoted article only proves NanoDiamond coatings were all that was
                known in 2005 - and not the loose nucleated NanoDiamond particles
                that I invented, discovered and manufacture - independent of any
                institution.

                Chris Arnold
                www.diamondlube.com

                --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, shengar@... wrote:

                > Hi Folks:
                >
                > This may be old news, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is:
                >
                > Argonne theorist gains new insight into the nature of nanodiamond
                > http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-09/dnl-atg090905.php
                >

                > Erich

              • Jaar Chi
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 14, 2008
                  It seems to me every one is confusing diamondoid molecules and they mistakenly call them  nanodiamond.  For knowing what diamondoid molecules are you can visit:
                  http://tigger.uic.edu/~mansoori/Diamondoids.html
                  and
                  http://moleculardiamond.chevron.com/

                  From the chemical stability point of view we CANNOT have nanodiamond.

                  Dr. Eiji Osawa reviewed the Raman of my Non Detonation NanoDiamond
                  and was shocked at the purity.

                  The quoted article only proves NanoDiamond coatings were all that was
                  known in 2005 - and not the loose nucleated NanoDiamond particles
                  that I invented, discovered and manufacture - independent of any
                  institution.

                  Chris Arnold
                  www.diamondlube. com

                  --- In nanotech@yahoogroup s.com, shengar@... wrote:

                  > Hi Folks:
                  >
                  > This may be old news, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is:
                  >
                  > Argonne theorist gains new insight into the nature of nanodiamond
                  > http://www.eurekale rt.org/pub_ releases/ 2005-09/dnl- atg090905. php
                  >

                  > Erich

                • Chris Arnold
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 13, 2008
                    Do not be too upset, but my material is loose, particulated,
                    spherical NanoDiamond, confirmed by diffraction spectra and TEM
                    measurement at 4nm and under, buy the U of I Chicago, The
                    Superdiamond and Advanced Film Labs in Hong Kong and others.

                    Chevron has unmistakable diamondoid, I do not, which is why my
                    licensed, lubrication products work so seemingly, unbelievably well.

                    Regards,
                    Chris Arnold
                    www.diamondlube.com

                    --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, Jaar Chi <jaarchi@...> wrote:

                    > It seems to me every one is confusing diamondoid molecules and they
                    mistakenly call them  nanodiamond.  For knowing what diamondoid
                    molecules are you can visit:
                    > http://tigger.uic.edu/~mansoori/Diamondoids.html
                    > and
                    > http://moleculardiamond.chevron.com/
                    >
                    > From the chemical stability point of view we CANNOT have
                    nanodiamond.

                  • Mohammad Amin Moradi
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 22, 2008
                      I couldn't find the links, could you please send more informations by mail instead of www.diamondlube.com

                    • michael1@midcoast.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 22, 2008
                        Read http://www.diamondlube.com/ but other links did not come through.
                        Please try again. Have not been paying too much attention to list until
                        this.
                        I agree with Mohammad. This needs clarification.

                        However, one very ‘outside’/ ‘uneducated’ observation. In any case this
                        will force a greater understanding of thermodynamics.

                        Michael Donovan, Camden, USA