Re: [nanotech] NANOTECHNOLOGIST'S SEEKS BIOLOGICAL NICHES

  • pc_young@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 17 9:17 PM
      I would ask that the individual that I was corresponding with regarding
      a CO2 sensor please contact me again as my computer locked again! and so
      my records and emails have been lost yet again.
      thanks

      Srisathiyanarayanan wrote:

      > HI EVERYONE....
      >
      > THE REALITY GOES LIKE....,
      >
      > In late August, behind closed doors at the austere National Academy of
      > Sciences in Washington D.C., Samuel Stupp, a materials scientist and
      > director
      > of the Institute for BioNanotechnology in Medicine at Northwestern
      > University, showed a video clip for a committee evaluating the United
      > States’ billion-dollar-a-year National Nanotechnology Program.
      > “Everyone was so quiet watching this movie. It was amazing,” recalls
      > Clayton Teague, director of the National Nanotechnology Coordinating
      > Office. The video’s protagonist was a mouse with a damaged spinal
      > cord that could only barely move using its front legs. Stupp’s research
      > involves engineering nanomolecules called peptide amphiphiles consisting
      > of a hydrocarbon tail attached to a peptide into which is inserted
      > aminoacid
      > sequences that stimulate neurons to seek new connections with
      > neighboring neurons. As the video clip revealed, two months after the
      > injured mouse received an injection of Stupp’s peptide amphiphiles, it was
      > able to move (albeit awkwardly) using all four limbs.
      >
      > rest in the file...................
      > read this its very interesting
      >
      > it came in the journal "CELL" DECEMBER ISSUE.
      >
      > I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE VERY INTERESTING FOR YOU ALL..
      >
      > BYE BYE
      >

      > With Best Regards,
      > -Srisathiyanarayanan
      > --
      > Have a nice day!!!
      > --
      > Contact:
      > C/O Prof. Dr. H. S. Savithri,
      > Dept. of Biochemistry,
      > Indian Institute of Science,
      > Bangalore -560012.
      > Webpage: http://biochem.iisc.ernet.in/~bchss/people.htm
      > <http://biochem.iisc.ernet.in/%7Ebchss/people.htm>
      > Ph. no:+91(0)80- 22932310
      > http://in.messenger.yahoo.com

    • Tim
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 28 10:44 PM
        Does no one take me seriously or is this just a boring topic?

        --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "sage_xenocide" <sage_xenocide@y...>
        wrote:

        > I think we all know what I am talking about. At some point in time,
        nanotechnology will need to take over industry entirely to raise the
        bar of our world's cutting-edge products. It is my very strong belief
        that this will start from education. This education has already begun,
        and I source this article for a dash of background reading for those
        who are not up to snuff with the information (or to give a quick
        reminder of the idea to those who are).

        > To start on my topic, however, I will state that come the spring of
        2006, there will be graduating students from Dakota County Techincal
        College with an Associates Degree in Nanoscience Technology. These
        students will be able to fill technician roles for companys large and
        small alike. They will represent the main workforce in an industry
        transforming to adapt the largely untapped wealth of the nano-age. A
        workforce that can carry out what technicians like today do, except
        for nanotechnology.

        > Since I am new to this yahoo group, I do not know the diversity of
        people here yet, but I ask if you think industry is ready to accept
        these people into thier workforce? Are they ready to open the doors to
        workers that can understand the major aspects of multidisciplinary
        nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.? Is this
        something that you would address to your colleges in hope of helping
        this revolution take off? Are you, or the company you work for, ready?

        > ~S

      • r X
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 30 11:03 AM
          process and action will always underpin industry.

          it is a case of creating the vehicles through
          mediation, skills networks and local gov provision.

          best luck.

          roderick

          ---------------------------------

          wrote:

          > I think we all know what I am talking about. At some
          point in time,
          nanotechnology will need to take over industry
          entirely to raise the
          bar of our world's cutting-edge products. It is my
          very strong belief
          that this will start from education. This education
          has already begun,
          and I source this article for a dash of background
          reading for those
          who are not up to snuff with the information (or to
          give a quick
          reminder of the idea to those who are).

          > To start on my topic, however, I will state that
          come the spring of
          2006, there will be graduating students from Dakota
          County Techincal
          College with an Associates Degree in Nanoscience
          Technology. These
          students will be able to fill technician roles for
          companys large and
          small alike. They will represent the main workforce
          in an industry
          transforming to adapt the largely untapped wealth of
          the nano-age. A
          workforce that can carry out what technicians like
          today do, except
          for nanotechnology.

          > Since I am new to this yahoo group, I do not know
          the diversity of
          people here yet, but I ask if you think industry is
          ready to accept
          these people into thier workforce? Are they ready to
          open the doors to
          workers that can understand the major aspects of
          multidisciplinary
          nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.?
          Is this
          something that you would address to your colleges in
          hope of helping
          this revolution take off? Are you, or the company you
          work for, ready?

          > ~S

        • Edmond Dantes
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
            > > Since I am new to this yahoo group, I do not know the diversity of
            > people here yet, but I ask if you think industry is ready to accept
            > these people into thier workforce? Are they ready to open the doors to
            > workers that can understand the major aspects of multidisciplinary
            > nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.? Is this
            > something that you would address to your colleges in hope of helping
            > this revolution take off? Are you, or the company you work for, ready?
            >
            > > ~S

            I would imagine the progress of nanotechnology to be much like the progress
            of software. By the time you get a PhD, you're woefully out-of-date. And
            some of the greatest advances will come from garage nano-hackers.

            It will be a time where true fortunes can be made.

            --
            -- Edmond Dantes, CMC
            Shameless plugs:
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
              Are they ready to open the doors to
              > workers that can understand the major aspects of multidisciplinary
              > nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.?

              If they can understand the major aspects of multipdisciplinary
              nanotech then why do they need a masters or phd?

              Edmond Dantes wrote:

              > > > Since I am new to this yahoo group, I do not know the diversity of
              > > people here yet, but I ask if you think industry is ready to accept
              > > these people into thier workforce? Are they ready to open the doors to
              > > workers that can understand the major aspects of multidisciplinary
              > > nanotechnology without a full-fledge Masters or Ph.D.? Is this
              > > something that you would address to your colleges in hope of helping
              > > this revolution take off? Are you, or the company you work for, ready?
              > >
              > > > ~S
              >
              > I would imagine the progress of nanotechnology to be much like the
              > progress
              > of software. By the time you get a PhD, you're woefully out-of-date. And
              > some of the greatest advances will come from garage nano-hackers.
              >
              > It will be a time where true fortunes can be made.
              >
              > --
              > -- Edmond Dantes, CMC
              > Shameless plugs:
            • pulsed_ignition
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                I believe the greatest breakthrough will be from nanodiamond powder
                in Medical, superconductor and Semiconductor applications.

                Regards,
                Chris Arnold
                http://members.aol.com/hypercom59

              • shengar@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                  Hi Folks:

                  This may be old news, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is:

                  Argonne theorist gains new insight into the nature of nanodiamond
                  http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-09/dnl-atg090905.php

                  Erich

                • Chris Arnold
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 14, 2008
                    Dr. Eiji Osawa reviewed the Raman of my Non Detonation NanoDiamond
                    and was shocked at the purity.

                    The quoted article only proves NanoDiamond coatings were all that was
                    known in 2005 - and not the loose nucleated NanoDiamond particles
                    that I invented, discovered and manufacture - independent of any
                    institution.

                    Chris Arnold
                    www.diamondlube.com

                    --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, shengar@... wrote:

                    > Hi Folks:
                    >
                    > This may be old news, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is:
                    >
                    > Argonne theorist gains new insight into the nature of nanodiamond
                    > http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-09/dnl-atg090905.php
                    >

                    > Erich

                  • Jaar Chi
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 14, 2008
                      It seems to me every one is confusing diamondoid molecules and they mistakenly call them  nanodiamond.  For knowing what diamondoid molecules are you can visit:
                      http://tigger.uic.edu/~mansoori/Diamondoids.html
                      and
                      http://moleculardiamond.chevron.com/

                      From the chemical stability point of view we CANNOT have nanodiamond.

                      Dr. Eiji Osawa reviewed the Raman of my Non Detonation NanoDiamond
                      and was shocked at the purity.

                      The quoted article only proves NanoDiamond coatings were all that was
                      known in 2005 - and not the loose nucleated NanoDiamond particles
                      that I invented, discovered and manufacture - independent of any
                      institution.

                      Chris Arnold
                      www.diamondlube. com

                      --- In nanotech@yahoogroup s.com, shengar@... wrote:

                      > Hi Folks:
                      >
                      > This may be old news, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is:
                      >
                      > Argonne theorist gains new insight into the nature of nanodiamond
                      > http://www.eurekale rt.org/pub_ releases/ 2005-09/dnl- atg090905. php
                      >

                      > Erich

                    • Chris Arnold
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 13, 2008
                        Do not be too upset, but my material is loose, particulated,
                        spherical NanoDiamond, confirmed by diffraction spectra and TEM
                        measurement at 4nm and under, buy the U of I Chicago, The
                        Superdiamond and Advanced Film Labs in Hong Kong and others.

                        Chevron has unmistakable diamondoid, I do not, which is why my
                        licensed, lubrication products work so seemingly, unbelievably well.

                        Regards,
                        Chris Arnold
                        www.diamondlube.com

                        --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, Jaar Chi <jaarchi@...> wrote:

                        > It seems to me every one is confusing diamondoid molecules and they
                        mistakenly call them  nanodiamond.  For knowing what diamondoid
                        molecules are you can visit:
                        > http://tigger.uic.edu/~mansoori/Diamondoids.html
                        > and
                        > http://moleculardiamond.chevron.com/
                        >
                        > From the chemical stability point of view we CANNOT have
                        nanodiamond.

                      • Mohammad Amin Moradi
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 22, 2008
                          I couldn't find the links, could you please send more informations by mail instead of www.diamondlube.com

                        • michael1@midcoast.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 22, 2008
                            Read http://www.diamondlube.com/ but other links did not come through.
                            Please try again. Have not been paying too much attention to list until
                            this.
                            I agree with Mohammad. This needs clarification.

                            However, one very ‘outside’/ ‘uneducated’ observation. In any case this
                            will force a greater understanding of thermodynamics.

                            Michael Donovan, Camden, USA