Bamboo Charcoal Yarn

  • Frank McNeill
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hi all,

      I joined nanotech group recently because of interest in mechanical and
      scientific stuff but haven't posted before.
      I am also on a couple of bamboo-related groups and found a post titled
      "bamboo charcoal yarn" on one of them that might be of interest.
      FYI, bamboo is a member of the grass family, with uses similar to those for
      wood. Like wood, bamboo can be used to produce rayon filaments, yarns and
      fabrics, or split into strips or fibers for weaving baskets, mats, or in some
      cases fabrics similar to cotton. There are more than a thousand additional
      uses that have been compiled for bamboo, but I won't mention them here!
      For the post about charcoal yarn, go to: <http://tinyurl.com/9ud2o>.

      Best wishes,
      Frank