Diode Array: claim of clean energy

  • erich_knight
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2005
      Dear Folks:

      What is your opinion on the viability of this radical technology
      proposed by Charles M. Brown. They talk that the costs of a Kilowatt
      chip may be a dollar and last a million hours ( 113 years ).
      :

      posted June 07, 2005 01:31 AM
      ----------
      I have invented, patented1, and tested2 a chip containing very many
      very small diodes that absorbs uniform ambient heat and releases D.C.
      Electrical power. This is a superior energy source that is very
      inexpensive and will power small appliances out of the box without a
      need for power wiring anywhere in the world.

      This has great potential to improve the prosperity of mankind.

      The chip will quickly become an open source commodity. I want the
      applications to be open to the commons too. It is also a hard science
      tool for science fiction.

      Michael Huff3 at the Stanford MEM network, a network of
      nanotechnology developers, has given me a quote that $50,000 would
      pay for developing this chip. He could receive grant funding directly
      to improve the accountability as I am an unaffiliated inventor that
      can not personally produce the chip .

      1 U.S. Patent 3,890,161, DIODE ARRAY. As a 1975 patent, it may be
      available in image form only, not yet in electronically searchable
      text form. The original materials specified in the patent have been
      superseded by C60 carbon buckyballs as anodes on an N type InSb
      (semiconductor) substrate.

      2 In 1993 I commissioned the preparation and testing of an adapted
      satellite transponder chip containing 5,600 Au on GaAs diodes
      fabricated in a patch as an expedient for assemblers to find one
      diode where diodes operating at high frequencies have to be very
      small. Conductive paste was applied over the face of the chip to
      connect all the diodes in consistent alignment parallel as required.
      Next the chip was immersed in a constant temperature pure vegetable
      oil bath inside a shielding box in the California desert. The chip
      produced ~25 kTB watts where an output more than 1/2 kTB watts
      validates the theory that electrical thermal noise (Johnson Nouse)
      can be rectified and aggregated.
      If replication of this test is desired, the chips may still be
      available as draw down obsolete stock from Virginia Diodes Inc.
      www.virginiadiodes.com . I have lost contact with the lab that
      adapted and tested the chip. The C60 / N type InSb version of the
      chip should perform much better. ~100 watts / cm2 @ 20 C @ 50% diode
      efficiency @ 10^11 buckyballs / cm2 is estimated.

      3 mhuff@... http://www.memsnet.org/links/foundries

      Aloha,
      Charles M. Brown
      (808) 828-0297
      Kilauea, Kauai, Hawaii 96754
      abundance@...
      www.diodearray.com
      http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS:CBC:Main_Page "

      here's an extensive disscusion on the technicals, Donpatent's
      comments are great, and charlie brown makes many good arguments. enjoy

      Science a GoGo Discussion Forum: diode array nanotech abundant clean
      energy

      http://www.scienceagogo.com/ubb/ult...opic/1/267.html

      He's posting it around for support and to generate interest, as I
      said his open-sourse attitude is refreshing.

      I did catch him with his pants down with my inquiries to Dr. Crowe at
      VDI (look at the time line of the postings)

      Because he has posted it all over it should provide some good
      feedback, I'll keep ya'll up-dated
    • A.C.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2 12:43 AM
        I don't know much about the technology, but if the
        patent was filed in 1975 it expired 10 years ago.
        Considering the level of interest in batteries
        recently if this technology worked I think it would
        have been picked up and developed by now.

        ---------------------------------

        Nanotechnology
        Science Computer
        science
        Nanotechnology company
        Nanotechnology stock
        Science education

        Terms of Service.

      • shengar@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2 12:46 PM
          yes ....but they didn't have carbon C-60 in 1975,

          Did you read Donpatent's comments on the Science a GoGo Discussion Forum:
          diode array nanotech abundant clean energy
          http://www.scienceagogo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/267.html

          Erich J. Knight
          Shenandoah Gardens
          1047 Dave Berry Rd.
          McGaheysville, VA 22840
          (540) 289-9750

        • A.C.
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2 6:44 PM
            My point was that the patent would not be useful in
            starting a business, although I see from the posts
            that 'Charlie Brown' is more interested in showing
            that the technology can't be patented by another
            company.

            --- shengar@... wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            yes ....but they didn't have carbon C-60 in 1975,

            Did you read Donpatent's comments on the Science a
            GoGo Discussion Forum:
            diode array nanotech abundant clean energy
            http://www.scienceagogo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/267.html

            Erich J. Knight
            Shenandoah Gardens
            1047 Dave Berry Rd.
            McGaheysville, VA 22840
            (540) 289-9750

            Nanotechnology
            Science Computer
            science
            Nanotechnology company
            Nanotechnology stock
            Science education

            Terms of Service.

          • nanoparticlesalez
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 18 6:32 PM
              A scienitist named Wang and Millie Dresselhaus wrote a report in
              Nature on using arrays of nanotubes as dipole antennas that capture
              light energy like radio antennnas that capture radio EM waves. Wang
              says it is currently not possible to make a diode to extract
              electricity from the AC current sbecause they change at terrhertz
              speeds, too fast for any known diodes.

              new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com