Re: [nanotech] New to the group!

  • DR Malay Tripathy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hello Martha,
      Nice to know your interest. What is your composites? Will you send a copy (if possible) to us. Ofcourse I am not working now. Interested to look into it. It sounds interesting from your writting.
      Regards,
      Malay

      Martha <martach@...> wrote:
      Hi to all! Hi Gina! I am a new member...I am a chemist and chemical
      engineer working on my MScEng (manufacturing engineering major). I am
      interested in nano and micro fabrication, electronic nanocomposites,
      smart sensors and interface interactions among nano, micro and macro
      scales.

      I have recently written a paper on electronic nanocomposites (not yet
      edited), and this topic is very exciting! What are electronic
      nanocomposites? These are composites comprised by a matrix material
      and one or more fillers(in the form of spherical particles, fibers,
      etc.), where at least one of the dimensions (usually from the filler
      (s)) is at the nano scale (below 100 nm). Why are they
      called "electronic nano composites"? Because there is a certain need
      to differentiate their applications from the more "traditional"
      structural composites. They are used in applications such as
      dielectrics, sensoring devices, MEMS (or NEMS), and many others where
      electrical/magnetic/mechanical/thermal properties and their
      interactions are exploded.

      Hope to discuss these and other topics in this forum!

    • Martha
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2005
        Malay,

        Thanks! The composites I am talking about are all the materials that
        are being used in the applications I listed. I didn't write about a
        specific composite, but on the modifications of the traditional
        models used for macro composites that need to be introduced when
        designing nanocomposites.

        I will include in next messages some parts of the paper (and
        examples) that may be of interest in the group.

        --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, DR Malay Tripathy
        <malay_tripathy@y...> wrote:
        > Hello Martha,
        > Nice to know your interest. What is your composites? Will you send
        a copy (if possible) to us. Ofcourse I am not working now. Interested
        to look into it. It sounds interesting from your writting.
        > Regards,
        > Malay
        >
        > Martha <martach@h...> wrote:
        > Hi to all! Hi Gina! I am a new member...I am a chemist and chemical
        > engineer working on my MScEng (manufacturing engineering major). I
        am
        > interested in nano and micro fabrication, electronic
        nanocomposites,
        > smart sensors and interface interactions among nano, micro and
        macro
        > scales.
        >
        > I have recently written a paper on electronic nanocomposites (not
        yet
        > edited), and this topic is very exciting! What are electronic
        > nanocomposites? These are composites comprised by a matrix material
        > and one or more fillers(in the form of spherical particles, fibers,
        > etc.), where at least one of the dimensions (usually from the filler
        > (s)) is at the nano scale (below 100 nm). Why are they
        > called "electronic nano composites"? Because there is a certain
        need
        > to differentiate their applications from the more "traditional"
        > structural composites. They are used in applications such as
        > dielectrics, sensoring devices, MEMS (or NEMS), and many others
        where
        > electrical/magnetic/mechanical/thermal properties and their
        > interactions are exploded.
        >
        > Hope to discuss these and other topics in this forum!

        > www.nanoindustries.com

        Service.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2005
          Hello Martha,

          Nice to hear you. Are you working on models? That is good.

          Thank you,

          Malay