Re: [nanotech] Nanofuture Book

  • dealproject@juno.com
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2005
      Hello nanogirl and all other nanites,
      Hope this email finds all well for you all. I was wondering if there are any other dreamers out there who have been pondering the possibilites of future nanotechnolgy in the field of cybernetics. Needless to say quantum physics, biotechnology, and info science will play an important role in that field. But so will nanotech and robotics. I can envision a day when decrepid limbs can be relaced by titanium ones. Recently after 5 yrs of research a team has isolated all of the neurons involved with hand motion. Although one can think the hand to move with an implant surgical procedure so far the quad subject has seen fit to speak the command. Of course the implant has not been completed yet. I see a day when we can grow entire organs like the liver or kidneys.
      What contributions can those in the nanotechnolgy field make to this subject. Many are crying we have reached the end or barrier of reductionism but in truth nanotech is in its infancy...or maybe its now well on its way to becoming a "toddler." Point is we have much to do.

      David Deal
    • nanoparticlesalez@yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
          HI
          I’m doing the my project on commercial aspects of
          Nanoparticles ,In which I have selected CNT and TiO2
          for my review .The key factor is the exploitation of
          the availability of suitable in some case low cost,
          routes to large-scale manufacturing .And the future
          needs of the Nanoparticles ,along with the financial
          appraisal based on the future market demand .All the
          market reports are very expensive .If any one can come
          up with information or any suggestions ,plz do reply.

          cheers
          prasath

          __________________________________
          Discover Yahoo!
          http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
        • nanoparticles
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
            Hi,
            There are 'n' number of reports on TiO2 . I feel the nanoparticles made by simple chemical method at room temperature would answer your question.
            For instance you may see following papers or similar references:

            1) Synthesis and investigations of rutile phase nanoparticles of TiO2 Borse PH, Kankate LS, Dassenoy F, Vogel W, Urban J, Kulkarni SK
            JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE-MATERIALS IN ELECTRONICS 13 (9): 553-559 SEP 2002 ( http://www.geocities.com/pborse/jmsme.pdf )

            2) Self-cleaning of wool-polyamide and polyester textiles by TiO2-rutile modification under daylight irradiation at ambient temperature
            Bozzi A, Yuranova T, Kiwi J
            JOURNAL OF PHOTOCHEMISTRY AND PHOTOBIOLOGY A-CHEMISTRY 172 (1): 27-34 MAY 15 2005

            On completion of your study, I would be interested knowing, the commercial aspect of Nano-TiO2 in context to India.

            -------PHB

            PRASATH <mwprasath2000@...> wrote:
            HI
            I’m doing the my project on commercial aspects of
            Nanoparticles ,In which I have selected CNT and TiO2
            for my review .The key factor is the exploitation of
            the availability of suitable in some case low cost,
            routes to large-scale manufacturing .And the future
            needs of the Nanoparticles ,along with the financial
            appraisal based on the future market demand .All the
            market reports are very expensive .If any one can come
            up with information or any suggestions ,plz do reply.

            cheers
            prasath

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • shengar@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2005
              Have u checked out ALTI, http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ALTI&d=t

              They seem to be a big player in Tio2

              erich

            • PRASATH
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2005
                HI
                I have seen the link for TiO2 nanoparticle .CAn any
                one come with the case study on were the
                implementation of nanoparticles changes the way of
                manufacturing or process ing.

                cheers
                prasath

                Discover Yahoo!
              • Andrew Derry
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 6, 2005
                  Why do you think that? I'd think it might hurt more if you punched
                  someone or something, but otherwise there's still the squishy soft flesh
                  in between... ;)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 26, 2005
                      Yeah! What's you nanofutures book about? Is it available?

                      Andrew Derry <derry@...> wrote:Why do you think that? I'd think it might hurt more if you punched