how to start new nanotech firm

  • karthikprabhum2004
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi,
      I am a sofware engineer.I am interested in nanotechnology and
      interested to start a small firm. So i want the
      details regarding it such as the market condition and area of
      specification which is favorable for doing so.

      * From where i can start?

      yours friendly,
      M.Karthikprabhu.
    • PRASATH
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2005
        HI Karthik
        Its is very good plan but as for now i dont think
        u have much options for that since the field is young
        and only big manufactures are doing the job .I can
        tell one thing if u wish to get into the market its
        better to find out the less expensive nanoproduct that
        has large comercial purpose .So that u can get the
        products and deliver it to the market from the bigger
        companies.Hope it helps you.

        cheers
        prasath
        --- karthikprabhum2004
        <karthikprabhum2004@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------

        Hi,
        I am a sofware engineer.I am interested in
        nanotechnology and
        interested to start a small firm. So i want the
        details regarding it such as the market condition and
        area of
        specification which is favorable for doing so.

        * From where i can start?

        yours friendly,
        M.Karthikprabhu.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • karthik prabhu
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2005
          Hi,
          Thanks for your suggestion. I will look for those kind market.
          If u get any details regarding this pls mail me.

          * What r u doing ? r u working?

          Thank u

          ith regards,
          M.Karthikprabhu.

          ---------------------------------

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2, 2005
            HI
            Im Msc student doing Nanoelectronics in UK .

            cheers
            prasath
            --- karthik prabhu <karthikprabhum2004@...>

            ---------------------------------

            <karthikprabhum2004@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------

            Hi,
            I am a sofware engineer.I am interested in
            nanotechnology and
            interested to start a small firm. So i want the
            details regarding it such as the market condition and
            area of
            specification which is favorable for doing so.

            * From where i can start?

            yours friendly,
            M.Karthikprabhu.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Terms of Service.

            Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search.
            Learn more.
            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Terms of Service.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Terms of Service.

            __________________________________
            Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
          • intel007
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
              Hi Karthik,

              I couldnt stop myself from responding to the reply that you received
              for your query on ideas for a start up with focus on nanotechnology.

              Mr. Prasath is totally wrong, what is happening is that the exact
              opposite of what Mr. Prasath has declared. Big companies are
              skeptical about venturing into nanotechnology, so they are
              maintaining a low profile. Most of the companies are smaller
              startups started by a small group of people with good practical
              experience in the field of nanotechnology. You dont have to take my
              word for granted, just do a google search you will find that the
              business based on nanotechnology is mostly dominated by smaller
              companies.

              Also, there is nothing that is "less expensive" when it comes to
              nanotechnology. I dont really think Mr. Prasath has a grasp on the
              concept of the business. Nanotech field is not like selling talcum
              powder to find the least expensive one in the market.

              Please dont be misguided by a ill informed graduate student. Do your
              home work, talk to investors that you might know or someone who
              knows someone who is an invester or runs a company similar to what
              you have been thinking about.

              Above all set your target area like "nanoelectronics" or sensors
              etc, then start your research, come up with a business plan. If you
              dont do your home work then you will only be visiting forums like
              this and will never see a company grow out of it.

              good luck...

              intel007

              --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, karthik prabhu
              <karthikprabhum2004@y...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > Thanks for your suggestion. I will look for those kind market.
              > If u get any details regarding this pls mail me.
              >
              > * What r u doing ? r u working?
              >
              > Thank u
              >
              > ith regards,
              > M.Karthikprabhu.
              >
              > PRASATH <mwprasath2000@y...> wrote:
              >
              > HI Karthik
              > Its is very good plan but as for now i dont think
              > u have much options for that since the field is young
              > and only big manufactures are doing the job .I can
              > tell one thing if u wish to get into the market its
              > better to find out the less expensive nanoproduct that
              > has large comercial purpose .So that u can get the
              > products and deliver it to the market from the bigger
              > companies.Hope it helps you.
              >
              > cheers
              > prasath
              > --- karthikprabhum2004
              > <karthikprabhum2004@y...> wrote:
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              >

              > Hi,
              > I am a sofware engineer.I am interested in
              > nanotechnology and
              > interested to start a small firm. So i want the
              > details regarding it such as the market condition and
              > area of
              > specification which is favorable for doing so.
              >

              > * From where i can start?
              >

              > yours friendly,
              > M.Karthikprabhu.

              > www.nanoindustries.com
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

              > Terms of Service.

              > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

              > www.nanoindustries.com
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

              > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partneronline.

            • T.S. XIa
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 5, 2005
                Actually major semiconductor companies
                are working on the 65nm technology now, and technology has
                already reached the nano region, right? Otherwise what is
                the definition you guys give to the nanotechnology.

              • Subramanya Mayya
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 6, 2005
                  I would like to draw your attention to the following booklet for the definition of Nanotechnology
                  www.europaeische-akademie-aw.de/ pages/publikationen/graue_reihe/35.pdf

                  Definition of Nanotechnology is as described in this report..."fuzzy", although one frequently confuses miniaturization with nanotechnology.

                  Mayya

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 7, 2005
                    Hi Mayya,

                    The term "nanotechnology" is not clearly defined some believe
                    everything below 100nm is nanotechnology. If so then organic
                    chemistry will fall directly into this category all the drugs and
                    polymers we synthesize today can be brought under the classification
                    of nanotechnology.

                    My personal opinion about nanotechnology is that anything that
                    involves some sort of manipulation at molecular level can be
                    considered as nanotechnology.

                    so what the semiconducting industry is not nanotechnology... but if
                    it will be get me a job then definitely it is lol...

                    --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, Subramanya Mayya <ksmayya@y...>

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 7, 2005
                      Although the link does not work at this moment, it is nice to get informed, thanks.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 7, 2005
                        Considering that it is not illegal to distribute the freely available material downloaded from the internet, I could send this file to whomsoever interested on request. The file size is 1.25MB.

                        Mayya

                        intel007 <intel007@...> wrote:

> [...]

                        > u have much options for that since the field is young
                        > and only big manufactures are doing the job .I can
                        > tell one thing if u wish to get into the market its
                        > better to find out the less expensive nanoproduct that
                        > has large comercial purpose .So that u can get the
                        > products and deliver it to the market from the bigger
                        > companies.Hope it helps you.
                        >
                        > cheers
                        > prasath
                        > --- karthikprabhum2004
                        > <karthikprabhum2004@y...> wrote:
                        >

                        > ---------------------------------
                        >

                        > Hi,
                        > I am a sofware engineer.I am interested in
                        > nanotechnology and
                        > interested to start a small firm. So i want the
                        > details regarding it such as the market condition and
                        > area of
                        > specification which is favorable for doing so.

                      • kasi viswanath
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 19, 2005
                          --- PRASATH <mwprasath2000@...> wrote:

                          > HI
                          > Im Msc student doing Nanoelectronics in UK .
                          >
                          > cheers
                          > prasath
                          hAI KARTHIK,
                          Iam planning to start a career in
                          nanotech.i had finished my B.E in stream of
                          electronics& comm with 67%.

                          i do need help in the following:

                          Education cost.
                          Syllabus (very hard or OK).
                          BASICS which makes to avoid teething probs.
                          best univ to study requred %

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 19, 2005
                            HAI,

                            PLZ SEND ME THE SAME