Unique application of nanotechnology to increase human performance

  • jostdoug
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 27, 2005
      Hello all,

      I am new to posting, but have been reading the e-mails over the last
      5-6 weeks to get a feel for the flavor of the discussion.

      After seeing what everyone is talking about, I thought I would throw
      out for consumption a unique product that employs nanotechnology in
      its formulation, and directly increases human performance without
      anything entering the body.

      It's called the Lifewave energy enhancer patch, and for more details,
      I would encourage you to visit the following site, www.nanoenergy4u.com

      These patches use nanotechnology to formulate amino acids, water, and
      oxygen inside a polymer shell to interact with the body's
      electromagnetic field. Using the principle of Resonant Energy
      Transfer, the patches tell the cells in the body to burn fat, instead
      of carbohydrates. As there are over twice the calories in a unit of
      fat compared to the same unit of carbohydrates, wearers of the patches
      will experience increases in energy, strength and stamina of over 40%
      on average, within 10-15 minutes of application.

      Just thought I would make you all aware of this new,
      nanotechnology-based product that has just been brought to the market.

      Doug Jost
    • kxsills
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 18, 2005
        I went back to the source because I thought I had read about this
        before. A family member came to me today for an opinion about a
        product that sounded very familiar and lo and behold I had read
        discussion about the very same product under a different name not
        that long ago.

        I am now referring him to this discussion but I offer this paper
        from their site for review as well.

        http://www.lifewave.com/pdf/haltiwanger_24p_paper.pdf

        I will reserve the impulse to grab my relative and smack him around
        as he is my elder. But I would really like to see this kind of
        horrific exploitive science exposed. IMO this is all about
        marketing and promoting ignorance by confusing people with hype and
        obviously corrupt marketing strategies.

        They make claims about bio-magnetism but link these to an
        expropriated use of the term *nanotech* and while the bio-magnetism
        issue is tenuous enough as science the linkage to nanotech is a
        destructive dissemination of pseudoscience that just confuses
        anybody that is entry level to the idea IMO.

        This is not idle exploitation but potentially destructive corruption
        that can discredit the emerging technology in exactly the fashion
        that Drexler laments IMHO as more and more people are fleeced by
        these delusional claims.

        Alright I'll calm down now but I would love some calm and serious
        peer review of the paper I offer because the urge to start yelling
        is too strong for me right now. I have invited my relation to then
        review the more articulate of you in this analysis of the paper's
        claims.

        I ask first that we address the aspects that are purported to be
        nanotech before going into the legitimacy of bio-magnetic theory
        though after the first issue is addressed the second is fair game
        too I think.

        So at the risk of beating dead horses and whipping up hornets please
        examine the proffered paper and let the sparks fly and the chips
        land where they may.

        Ken Sills