carbon nanotubes as interconnects!

  • ksmayya
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2004
      Hello!

      It would be of great help if someone could let me know of any
      archives of the literature on carbon nanotubes for interconnect
      applications.

      One of the problems people currently face is not only to grow these
      future tiny interconnects from select areas from the substrates but
      also to wire them into complex architectures. In this regard
      formation of junctions and a simpler process for their formation
      would be the key to any success in realizing nanotubes as
      interconnects.

      Cheers!!!
      Mayya
    • nanoparticlesalez
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2004
        Are you related to Meyya Meyyappan the Nanotechnologist at NASA? Who
        invented Nanites? Anyone know what nanites are? --- In
        nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "ksmayya" <ksmayya@y...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > It would be of great help if someone could let me know of any
        > archives of the literature on carbon nanotubes for interconnect
        > applications.
        >
        > One of the problems people currently face is not only to grow these
        > future tiny interconnects from select areas from the substrates but
        > also to wire them into complex architectures. In this regard
        > formation of junctions and a simpler process for their formation
        > would be the key to any success in realizing nanotubes as
        > interconnects.
        >
        > Cheers!!!
        > Mayya
      • Subramanya Mayya
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2004
          Nanites reportedly are the fictional term used in certain science fiction to describe the tiny
          robot builders of tomorrow!!!!

          And Mayya though rhymes with Meyya Meyyappan and is also nanotechnologist by profession BUT not related to Meyya Meyyappan...:-))

          Am still interested to hear from any of you guys out there who can provide more information on carbon nanotubes as interconnects!!!!
          nanoparticlesalez <nanoparticlesalez@...> wrote:

          Are you related to Meyya Meyyappan the Nanotechnologist at NASA? Who
          invented Nanites? Anyone know what nanites are? --- In
          nanotech@yahoogroups.com, "ksmayya" <ksmayya@y...> wrote:

          > Hello!
          >
          > It would be of great help if someone could let me know of any
          > archives of the literature on carbon nanotubes for interconnect
          > applications.
          >
          > One of the problems people currently face is not only to grow these
          > future tiny interconnects from select areas from the substrates but
          > also to wire them into complex architectures. In this regard
          > formation of junctions and a simpler process for their formation
          > would be the key to any success in realizing nanotubes as
          > interconnects.
          >
          > Cheers!!!
          > Mayya

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • KAZ
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 13, 2004
            --- nanoparticlesalez <nanoparticlesalez@...> wrote:

            > Are you related to Meyya Meyyappan the Nanotechnologist at NASA? Who
            > invented Nanites? Anyone know what nanites are?

            I still think of "nanite" as being a science fiction term, not one used for
            serious nanotech references to nanorobots.
          • nanoparticlesalez@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
              Someone has founded a company to commercialize a buckytubes connection machine, using buckytubes as artificial neurons or neurodes in a neural net. I do not rememebr who it was or the name of the company. I do not think it has much probability of sucess. I have invented CMOS types logic circuitry made of DNA and RNA transistors. There is work underway on using CMOS type circuit elements in artificial neural networks and other neural network type devices- Vulvox Nano/Biotechnology Corporation has plans on the drawing board to manufacture N-MOS and P-MOS type nanotransistors 5 nm on a side. They can be self assembled into three dimensional networks containing up to 50 trillion tranistors per square centimeter. You can read all about it at http://www.vulvoxnanobio.tripod.com