New Synthetic Diamond as Possible Super Conductor

  • pulsed_ignition
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
      Where does one find new properties? Within new and never before known
      materials.

      Greetings,

      We have discovered a new process to create synthetic diamond powder.
      This powder is synthetic diamond doped with various metals not
      available with other synthetic diamond processes. This powder is a
      homogenous mix of materials and during SEM w/EDS the carbon & metal
      combinations are clearly shown by the spectrum.

      Now some have suggested that metal particles have triggered
      nucleation of carbon around the metal seed. This could be, except
      that under 1600X optical - no metal particles can be seen within the
      clear carbon, suggesting either extremely small metal particles - or
      atomic bonding within the tetrahedral diamond crystal lattice.

      Clear, colorless crystals have been separated with a magnet. This
      could be from extremely high hydrogenation or from iron within the
      crystals.

      We claim this material is new for several reasons. Primarily due to
      the first several reports. Not one of three labs had ever seen this
      material before, and there is nothing within the scientific
      literature for a powder having the same Raman Signature as Diamond
      Like Carbon (DLC). All known DLC is as a film over a substrate, not
      as nucleated materials, and not in combination with other elements.

      Once funding is secured, we can create single crystals using this
      unique powder and a High Temperature High Pressure press, or create
      thick films of each new type of doped DLC product. Testing for
      semiconductor and superconductor properties will then begin.

      Charles Evans in California said the material is a hydrogenated
      tetrahedral amorphous carbon and the material is a powder, not a
      film. Another lab has provided SEM w/EDS spectrum, TEM w/EELS, Xray
      defraction and other assorted testing. Now we need to discover best
      applications for these new materials.

      If nothing else, we intend to make Synthetic Diamonds for the Jewelry
      industry, and possibly sell them on the Home Shopping Network for
      faster investment returns.

      Where does one find new properties? Within new and never before known
      materials.

      Best Regards,
      Chris Arnold President/CEO
      PlasmaKing Corporation
      http://members.aol.com/hypercom59
    • forbes4nano@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
        In a message dated 9/1/2004 2:20:10 PM Central Standard Time,
        Hypercom59@... writes:

        Where does one find new properties? Within new and never before known
        materials.

        Greetings,

        We have discovered a new process to create synthetic diamond powder.
        This powder is synthetic diamond doped with various metals not
        available with other synthetic diamond processes. This powder is a
        homogenous mix of materials and during SEM w/EDS the carbon & metal
        combinations are clearly shown by the spectrum.

        FATE OF NANOPARTICLES,
        August 30
        Materials made from particles one-millionth the size of a fine-point pen tip
        are touted daily for their current uses and dreamed of possibilities, but a
        pressing question remains as to the environmental impact of manufactured
        nano-sized materials. Purdue University scientists are investigating the
        interactions between these tiny, many-sided structures and the environment. To
        further this research, the National Science Foundation (NSF) and Environmental
        Protection Agency (EPA) have awarded grants totaling nearly $2 million to the
        Purdue Nanoscale Interdisciplinary Research Team and a colleague from the
        University of Minnesota.
        Full story at _http://www.physorg.com/news1000.html_
        (http://www.physorg.com/news1000.html)

        forbes4nano

      • pulsed_ignition
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
          These materials I speak of can be created "only" within my patented
          device. Remanufacture of these nano particles into unique films and
          large crystals is our primary goal. The powder is easily sequestered
          and storable, however because it's extraordinary uniqueness and
          rarity, we have refused multiple offers to sell the raw powder in
          favor of maintaining control of the end products. We will wait for
          funding to allow remanufacture in house, with Plasma Vapor Deposition
          and High Temperature High Pressure Diamond presses.

          While the article indicates $2 Million was provided for research on
          the EPA impact of nano particles, unfortunately there has been no
          grant money or investment in honest scientific reporting on the flood
          of genetically modified (GM) foods in the USA which posses an
          immediate health risk. The UK scientific report was crushed. Testing
          may actually be globally impossible, partly because the GM patent
          rights are so vigorously enforced that any testing is legally
          responded to with crippling patent infringement suits, whereby
          reporting is blocked.

          Anyway, at PlasmaKing we will be turning unique nano particles into
          much larger Synthetic Diamond products, such as transistors, gem
          Synthetic Diamonds and DLC films. What was once our primary target
          has now taken the back burner, which was the efficient conversion of
          waste oil into Hydrogen by Thermal Ionization Plasma.

          Best Regards,
          Chris Arnold

          --- In nanotech@yahoogroups.com, forbes4nano@a... wrote:

          > In a message dated 9/1/2004 2:20:10 PM Central Standard Time,
          > Hypercom59@a... writes:
          >
          > Where does one find new properties? Within new and never before
          known
          > materials.
          >
          > Greetings,
          >
          > We have discovered a new process to create synthetic diamond
          powder.
          > This powder is synthetic diamond doped with various metals not
          > available with other synthetic diamond processes. This powder is a
          > homogenous mix of materials and during SEM w/EDS the carbon & metal
          > combinations are clearly shown by the spectrum.
          >

          > FATE OF NANOPARTICLES,
          > August 30
          > Materials made from particles one-millionth the size of a fine-
          point pen tip
          > are touted daily for their current uses and dreamed of
          possibilities, but a
          > pressing question remains as to the environmental impact of
          manufactured
          > nano-sized materials. Purdue University scientists are
          investigating the
          > interactions between these tiny, many-sided structures and the
          environment. To
          > further this research, the National Science Foundation (NSF) and
          Environmental
          > Protection Agency (EPA) have awarded grants totaling nearly $2
          million to the
          > Purdue Nanoscale Interdisciplinary Research Team and a colleague
          from the
          > University of Minnesota.
          > Full story at _http://www.physorg.com/news1000.html_
          > (http://www.physorg.com/news1000.html)