HGCI, iCurie Labs, Inc. Patented Nanotechnology Cooling

  • vcfinder2003
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2004
      Expect we will be hearing more on this technology. Intel just
      cancelled its Tejas Chip due to heat problems.

      iCurie Receives Certification From Computer Giant LG

      /FROM PR NEWSWIRE CLEVELAND 216-566-7777/
      TO BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY EDITORS:

      iCurie Receives Certification From Computer Giant LG

      LONDON, May 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- iCurie Lab Holdings,
      Ltd.
      announced today that its patented iCurie Cooled(TM) nano-technology
      cooling
      system, which may become the new standard in cooling for the
      electronics
      industry, has passed performance testing and received certification
      from LG
      Electronics, Inc. (KOREA: 066570), one of the top five manufacturers
      in the
      world of OEM PCs.
      The successful completion of the certification process has paved
      the way
      for commercialization of iCurie's patented micro coolers. iCurie's
      patented
      self circulating cooling module is scheduled to replace bulky, noisy
      and
      battery draining cooling systems in today's notebook and tablet
      computers with
      thinner, smaller, quieter and less power consuming coolers.
      Dr. Ye Kim, Senior Engineer in charge of certification at LG
      Electronics,
      said, "iCurie Lab's micro cooling system's natural fluid circulation
      technology has dramatically reduced the size, noise, vibration and
      power
      consumption of the cooler and the computer. iCurie's cooling system
      technology is able to achieve high cooling efficiency that it is
      suitable as a
      cooling module for small mobile devices including the tablet and next
      generation note PCs, PDAs and hand phones and has a powerful
      competitive edge
      as the next generation cooling system."
      The patented iCurie technology provides the basis for a quantum
      leap
      forward in one of the greatest barriers to ever-increasing computer
      processing
      speeds -- heat. The iCurie solution is unique in that its
      microchannels act
      like pumps and its micro thin structures dissipate heat to the
      environment
      more efficiently, up to 400% greater than current methods. Due to
      its high
      heat dissipation, the iCurie technology could eliminate noisy fans in
      some PCs
      and laptops altogether.
      The firm has garnered global interest in its light-weight, power
      sipping
      refrigeration system as a growing number of notable technology
      companies,
      universities and government agencies have focused on the impending
      heat
      barrier in electronics.
      iCurie's Chief Executive, Dr. Jeong Hyun Lee, Ph.D., former NASA
      and
      Samsung Engineer said, "The world has only recently begun to realize
      the
      importance of cooling in electronics and the limitations of current
      cooling
      methods which not only consume a significant amount of energy or use
      chemicals
      which could endanger the environment but cannot cool altogether. As
      integration and clock speed of computer processing units (CPUs)
      increased
      dramatically so has the amount of heat generated. We are well
      positioned to
      satisfy the ever-increasing demand for faster and more powerful PCs
      by
      allowing the electronic components and/or systems to work faster by
      managing
      the heat more efficiently."
      Hansen Gray & Company, Inc., is the lead venture capital firm
      backing
      iCurie. Mark E. Gray, CEO of Hansen Gray commented, "As the leading
      outside
      investor in iCurie, we are pleased with their progress which is ahead
      of
      schedule against their stated time frames for certification. It is
      our
      understanding that certification by a firm of LG's stature would pave
      the way
      for substantial, immediate commercialization under their pending
      order
      agreements."
      Hansen Gray & Company, Inc., (OTC: HGCI) is an investment banking
      firm
      based in Atlanta, Georgia. The firm's area of investment
      specialization is
      primarily lifesciences, alternative energy sources and emerging
      technologies.
      Additional information on the firm is available at www.hansengray.com
      or by
      calling (770) 781-6500.
      iCurie Lab Holdings, Ltd. is a U.K. holding corporation based in
      London,
      England. Through its sister company iCurie Labs, Inc. in Seoul Korea
      it
      operates a technology research and development laboratory
      specializing in next
      generation cooling technologies. The company's technology has a wide
      array of
      cooling applications in development including computer chips,
      cellular
      telephones, automotive, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning
      and
      specialized defense applications. Additional information on iCurie
      and the
      technology is available at www.icurie-lab.com .
      This press release contains forward-looking statements, involving
      risks
      and uncertainties including statements regarding the Company's
      financial
      performance. Such statements are based on management's current
      expectations
      and are subject to certain factors, risks and uncertainties that may
      cause
      actual results, events and performance to differ materially from
      those
      referred to or implied by such statements. In addition, actual future
      results
      may differ materially from those anticipated, depending on a variety
      of
      factors which include, but are not limited to, our ability to
      leverage our
      technology, manage our growth, protect our intellectual property
      rights,
      attract new customers and general economic conditions affecting
      consumer
      spending, including uncertainties relating to global political
      conditions,
      such as terrorism and the conflict with Iraq. Information with
      respect to
      important factors that should be considered is contained in the
      Company's
      Annual Report on Form 10-KSB as filed with the Securities and
      Exchange
      Commission. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on
      these
      forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.
      The
      Company does not intend to update any of the forward -looking
      statements after
      the date of this release to conform these statements to actual
      results or to
      changes in its expectations, except as may be required by law.

      SOURCE Hansen Gray & Company, Inc.; iCurie Lab Holdings, Ltd.

      /CONTACT: Mark Gray, CEO of Hansen Gray & Company, +1-770-781-6500,
      or
      mgray@...; or Media, James McCusker of G.S. Schwartz &
      Co.,+1-212-725-4500, or jmccusker@.../

      /Web site: http://www.hansengray.com
      http://www.icurie-lab.com /

      May-17-2004 12:01 GMT
      Symbols:
      US;HGCI
      Source PRN PR Newswire
      Categories:
      NWI/CPR NWI/HRD NWS/VEN MST/I/CPM MST/L/EN MST/MST/I/CPM
      MST/MST/L/EN
      MST/MST/R/GB MST/R/GB TGT/PRN