Re: [nanotech] A modest question

  • Laura Thibodeaux
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003

      Well said...

       Mark Gubrud <mgubrud@...> wrote:

      > what prospects do I have if I pursue a course in
      > Nanotech, and most importantly, am I eligible for this course?(IQ=156).

      Please stop believing this silly number has any importance.  Life has its
      way of sorting out who does and doesn't succeed in any given field.  Your
      score on some test of random facts or puzzles isn't very relevant.  What
      really makes the difference is the decisions you make about how you spend
      your time and, ultimately, what interests you to do.

      Nanotechnology is a growing field with many opportunities for people
      trained in physics, chemistry, biology, and electrical, mechanical and
      computer engineering.  You don't need to go to a school with a program
      in "nanotechnology"; such programs are gimmicks.  But whatever school
      you go to may offer some courses in nanotechy stuff which would be of
      interest.  Best to get a solid grounding in one (or more) of the core
      disciplines mentioned above, and as a graduate student you can pick a
      good research project.

      &quot;Nanotechnology: solutions for the future.&quot;

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Sudhanshu Garg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2003
        Hello Pavan,