limits of computing power

  • transhumanity2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2002
      Dear Nanotech,

      I was wondering that the limits of stand alone
      comuting and Grid Computing Including theoretical methods of
      fully contecting the most powerful stand alones in in a widely
      spaced grid. Take all the following into account a tell me what
      the performe would be , all the possible uses of that much
      computing and adate range of when such compters coming into
      exsitance(first come ,but also include time range on when
      such computer a common kids computer).

      Design Factors
      ---------------
      a)Stable soild state Quabit transistor 10 nanometers cubed
      b)use software to direct full near-instantanous hardware
      reconfigurabilty
      c)uses all proven and thoretical methods to help mantain effective
      communcation between elements.There by maximizing the number of
      elements despite distanace from center of computer.Thus maximizing
      computing powr before and elements produces minimal postive
      returns.
      d)use the best cooling metods (proven and/or Theoretical) in the
      computer

      There are some of the design factors.There most
      likely many more that could be added.Add them in your responce
      to this post.Tell a the further details of this theorical
      computer.I left outand all detail of that need to happen for all
      in this post to come to pass.Do your best to timeline it and put
      insimple terms."THANKS".Hope to hear from "ALL" of you postivly
      and real soon.

      Glenn M. Thompson
      LoreanB5
      P.S.
      If the amount of info you have to give in responce to this post
      is to great to post.E-mail me Directly.OK!!!!