Assembler Question

  • Tim Ventura
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2002
      Dear Group:

      I haven't heard anything about nano-assembler research lately, but this is presumably the basis for a lot of Drexler's ideas -- I read "Engines" about 2 years ago, and from that foggy recollection the assembler was one of the big things that left an impression.

      Anybody have news on whether any type of assembler research is making progress? I am guessing that due to chemistry and other factors that several different possible ideas exist how to implement one of these devices -- with current or near future technology I don't figure that there will be one "perfect" assembler design. But that's just a guess.

      Thanks;

      Tim