Self-replicating systems

  • William Hiller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2002
      Hello,

      I'm new to this group and just starting to gear myself
      towards some nano-based studies. I was wondering if
      anyone could point me towards some more recent
      information about self-replicating systems on the web
      or in print. The only thing I can manage to find is
      the 1980 NASA lunar report.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • soreff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2002
        --- In nanotech@y..., William Hiller <ssnake1881@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm new to this group and just starting to gear myself
        > towards some nano-based studies. I was wondering if
        > anyone could point me towards some more recent
        > information about self-replicating systems on the web
        > or in print. The only thing I can manage to find is
        > the 1980 NASA lunar report.

        > http://sbc.yahoo.com

        http://www.foresight.org/Conferences/MNT8/Papers/Skidmore/index.html

        is a nice paper on a physical exponential assembly system that was
        at least seriously planned and may have been built

        http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~sipper/selfrep/
        has lots of studies of self-replication albeit many
        in cellular automata systems.

        Best wishes,
        -Jeff