NEOP Workshop - 2nd Announcement
2nd Announcement of the INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON NANOSTRUCTURES FOR ELECTRONICS AND OPTICS – NEOP
We would like to call your attention to the 2nd Announcement of the NEOP workshop, which has been released on the workshop web site
The topics of interest include:
- Synthesis of nanostructures embedded in a matrix (semiconducting or metallic nanoclusters and -wires in dielectrics or semiconductors)
- Fundamental aspects of nanostructure synthesis (phase separation including nucleation, growth, Ostwald ripening, coalescence; self-organization; ...)
- Technological aspects of nanostructure synthesis (ion implantation, PVD, CVD, ...)
- Electrical properties of the nanostructures (quantum size effect, Coulomb blockade effect, retention of charged nanoclusters; ...)
- Optical properties of nanostructures (photo- and electroluminescence, optical "band gap" of photonic crystals, light transfer by plasmon-polaritons in metallic nanocluster chains: ...)
- Theory and computer simulation of synthesis and properties of nanostructures
- Application of nanostructures in electronics and optics (non-volatile MOSFET memories, nanoelectronics, nanooptics; ...)
Participants are invited to contribute to the scientific program by submitting an abstract via www.neop.de being related to the topics of the workshop. The abstract deadline is the April 30, 2002.
The list of invited speakers has been closed and we are proud to announce the following talks:
H. Atwater CALTECH, Pasadena (USA) "Nanocrystal Electronics, Optoelectronic and All-Optical Memory Devices" U. Gösele MPI, Halle (Germany) "Two-Dimensional Ordered Nano-Pore Arrays" R.F. Haglund, Jr. Vanderbilt Univ., Nashville (USA) "Size Dependence of the Metal-Semiconductor Phase Transition in Nanocrystalline Vanadium Dioxide" E. Kapetanakis IMEL, Athens (Greece) "Si-Nanocrystal MOS Memory Devices Fabricated by Very Low-Energy Ion Implantation and Subsequent Annealing" K. Knobloch Infineon, Dresden (Germany) "Application of Nanocrystal Memories – The Exotic Memory Concept Competition" M. Lannoo Marseille (France) "Confinement Effects and Tunneling Through Quantum Dots" A. Meldrum Univ. of Alberta (Canada) A. Polman FOM, Amsterdam (Netherlands) "Ion Beam Synthesized Photonic Nanostructures" F. Priolo Univ. of Catania (Italy) "Silicon Nanostructures for Microphotonics" L. Rebohle Vienna Univ. of Tech. (Austria) "Si-Based Light Emission from Ion Beam Synthesized Nano-structures in Thin SiO2 Layers" B. White Motorola, Austin (USA) "Nanocrystalline Si Based Memories for the Semiconductor Industry"
We would be happy to welcome you or one of your colleagues in August in Dresden for an inspiring workshop. In the case of any questions, please have a look on www.neop.de or feel free to email to info@... .
On behalf of the local organization committee,
Fax: +49 351 260 3285