Re: [nanotech] Digest Number 582

  • willdye@dsndata.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
      Sandeep Malhotra (eskay_m@...) writes:

      > I am a beginner in the subject of Nanoscience. I wish to pursue the
      > following: a. Geometric surface measurements at nano-scale dealing
      > with parasites [...] b. To study the interaction between molecules in
      > a cell by using Optical and Electronic devices.

      Sandeep,

      If you haven't read them already, some of the "basic books" for learning
      about nanotech include "Engines of Creation", "Nanosystems", and
      "Nanomedicine". None of these deal in detail with the exact topics that
      you describe, but since you said you were a beginner, I figured they
      should be mentioned. Various web sites have a good list of nanotech
      resources, including the Foresight web site ("http://foresight.org") and
      Jeff Ashcroft's nanotech page at "http://nanotech.about.com".

      I don't recall offhand if Nanosystems is online in full, but the other
      two books mentioned above are available on the web in total. If you're
      serious about studying the medical applications of nanotech, you will
      almost certainly want to buy a paper and/or CD copy of Nanomedicine.
      The web site for the book ("http://nanomedicine.com") has details.

      Sorry that I can't point you to sources of information that directly
      address parasites or optical tweezing, but I don't recall the specific
      references offhand. Best wishes with your research, Sandeep, and
      welcome to the field.

      --Will

      William L. Dye -- Software Enginerd -- willdye@...
      So which came first, the rubber chicken or the rubber egg?
    • sandeep malhotra
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
        Dear Dr. Will:
        Thanks for the prompt reply. It will indeed provide me inputs for encouragement, no doubt. I shall go through the sites you have informed and report back.
        Thanks again,
        Regards,
        Sincerely,
        SANDEEP