new member

  • mm_ahmadvand
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hello,

      I am a new member. I am P.H.D student in Applied math and worked on
      Fuzzy,optimization,network flow and Fractal. If this group is OK for me ,
      please mail me.

      best wishes
      Mohammad ahmadvand
    • james94041
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29, 2006
        Hi all,

        I know this group has a HUGE membership, and so many posts. I didn't
        know how to jump into a discussion, so I thought I'd just introduce
        myself.

        My name is James, I live in Mountain View, CA. I've worked for LSI
        Logic for 17 years making chips smaller and smaller. I'm an EE, not
        a Chemist or a Physicist.

        I really wanted to be a physicist. But I wanted to build things too.

        I realized that the software that I create and use to move millions
        of transistors, and the metal the connects them, and then analyzing
        what they might do under all conditions, is not unlike the math and
        algorithims that must need to be used in the manufacture of
        molecular machines.

        Except.. The constraints are much tighter, and the uncertainty is
        much more predictable.

        Well, anyways, hope to chat with some folks in this group.

        Thanks,
        James
      • Timothy M. Kipper, Jr.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 30, 2006
          Hi James,
          Nice to have you as part of the group. There is a lot of interesting
          discussions that go on here.

          I live in the East Bay near Berkeley and am currently working on a few start
          ups.

          I¹m more on the business side and involved usually in identifying the
          opportunity, putting the documentation together for due diligence,
          assembling the launch team and whatever else needs doing.

          It¹s amazing to see where the chip industry is going especially when you get
          into some of the cool things going on in molecular electronics and flash
          memory.

          One of my good friends is at NASA AMES at Moffett and working on sensor
          networks, which is another cool area that many companies seem to be racing
          towards.

          Maybe we can get together for lunch sometime and discuss more about what we
          both are up to and where our interests lie.

          Have a great weekend and welcome to the group.

          Best regards,
          Tim

          On 9/29/06 1:15 AM, "james94041" <jimimper@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I know this group has a HUGE membership, and so many posts. I didn't
          > know how to jump into a discussion, so I thought I'd just introduce
          > myself.
          >
          > My name is James, I live in Mountain View, CA. I've worked for LSI
          > Logic for 17 years making chips smaller and smaller. I'm an EE, not
          > a Chemist or a Physicist.
          >
          > I really wanted to be a physicist. But I wanted to build things too.
          >
          > I realized that the software that I create and use to move millions
          > of transistors, and the metal the connects them, and then analyzing
          > what they might do under all conditions, is not unlike the math and
          > algorithims that must need to be used in the manufacture of
          > molecular machines.
          >
          > Except.. The constraints are much tighter, and the uncertainty is
          > much more predictable.
          >
          > Well, anyways, hope to chat with some folks in this group.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > James

        • PRASATH
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
            Hi James
            I would like to welcome you first.Im doing my
            masters degree in Nanoelectronics. Im not a EE,
            physicist or chemist .Im have done IT(information
            technology) in my under grad.Have adquate knowledge
            about sofware.But fancied nanotechnology ,pursing to
            do something new in the feild.As u have mentioned that
            you develop sofwares that moves .Can you tell what way
            a person from my back ground with masters in
            nanotechnolgy can link togather.Coz I have no idea as
            off now.You have developed software ,can u tell me
            more abt it.hoping to hear from you soon.

            cheers
            Prasath

            --- james94041 <jimimper@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I know this group has a HUGE membership, and so many
            > posts. I didn't
            > know how to jump into a discussion, so I thought I'd
            > just introduce
            > myself.
            >
            > My name is James, I live in Mountain View, CA. I've
            > worked for LSI
            > Logic for 17 years making chips smaller and smaller.
            > I'm an EE, not
            > a Chemist or a Physicist.
            >
            > I really wanted to be a physicist. But I wanted to
            > build things too.
            >
            > I realized that the software that I create and use
            > to move millions
            > of transistors, and the metal the connects them, and
            > then analyzing
            > what they might do under all conditions, is not
            > unlike the math and
            > algorithims that must need to be used in the
            > manufacture of
            > molecular machines.
            >
            > Except.. The constraints are much tighter, and the
            > uncertainty is
            > much more predictable.
            >
            > Well, anyways, hope to chat with some folks in this
            > group.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > James

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Kenneth Kudo
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2006
              Hello...

              My name is Ken, I live in Hawaii...I am not a scientist, technician, chemist, or physicist but a simple person in Human Resources in the Hawaii Air National Guard.
              I have always been interested in the field of science and technology, new idea's, futurism and especially how Nanotechnology will help our world. Occasionally, I would like to listen to your interesting discussions regarding Nanotechnology if I may...

              By the way, please guide me if there are any Nanotechnology investment opportunities in this area...but very minimal investments of course...

              Aloha from Hawaii
              Ken

            • David Deal
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2006
                Hi Ken,
                hope these links are useful as you explore the exciting world of nanotech. It certainly has capturd our imaginations. The DOE seems to be behind nanotech 100%.

                www.nano.nic.nih.gov/training

                www.wilsoncenter.or/nano

                www.sssj.org E-Journal of Surface Science & Technolgy

                Foresight Nanotech Institute

                International Nanotech Business Directory
                www.nanovip.com/

                Nanotechnolgy, Diagnostics & Therapeutics Journal

                www.ndt-journal.com

                The NanoTechnology Group
                www.nanoengineering-1.com

                www.wise-nano.org

                Journal of nanobiotechnolgy
                http://www.jnanotechnology.com

                Center of nanoscale Materials

                http://nano.anl.gov/centers.html

                Small Times Newsletter editied by the almost-famous Foreman
                www.smalltimes.com

                Center for responsible Nanotechnology
                http://crnano.org/system.htm

                The Pew Charitable Trusts
                http://www.pewtrusts.org/

                Advanced Industrial Science & Technology (AIST)

                http://unit.go.jp/nanotech/index.html

                Interjournal
                www.interjournal.org

                Bulletin of Materials Science
                www.ias.ac.in

                Materials Science
                www.bu.edu/nitrides

                I have about a thousand more but that should get you on your way. many offer free newsletters or updates...or open access html or pdf
                if you need any after checking these out let me know...plus i think you have to send probably the premier source e-mail requesting to be put on subscriber lists

                adress for Foresight iz : foresight@...

                most of them will have a hlaf dozen links taking you to another 10 links etc etc and finally after you open about 20 deep windows your computer freezes up...lol

                have a good one

                david nanomind