Re: [nanotech] Something to read if u r free....

  • sandeep malhotra
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2001
      Dear Doc.:
      While going through the link I came across the following:-
      Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available.
      The contents of this 45$ book may not be accessible at the place I live in. What other mean could I adopt to get/purchase this book. I'll pay of course. Any help?
      SANDEEP

      On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 melichli@... wrote :
      > http://www.sciam.com/2000/0700issue/0700amsci.html

    • Rob Sobelman
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001
        Hello,

        Is anyone doing research or very knowledgable about
        the synthesis of carbon nanotubes? If you are -
        please let me know, i have a few questions about the
        processes.

        -The Nano Guy

        or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
      • Yongsheng Chen
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001

           Hi The Nano Guy;

          What's the question? I am in this area.

          Yongsheng Chen

            Rob Sobelman <thenanoguy@...> wrote:

          Hello,

          Is anyone doing research or very knowledgable about
          the synthesis of carbon nanotubes?  If you are -
          please let me know, i have a few questions about the
          processes.

          -The Nano Guy

          Do You Yahoo!?
          Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your holiday gifts!

        • Rob Sobelman
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 21, 2001
            Yongsheng,

            If I were to become involved in carbon nanotube research - what is the most exciting and developing part of the field at this point?

            -Rob (The Nano Guy)

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 22, 2001
              On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Rob Sobelman wrote:

              > Yongsheng,
              >
              > If I were to become involved in carbon nanotube research - what is the
              > most exciting and developing part of the field at this point?

              1) making them in a more controlled way (chirality, defects, caps,
              modifications)

              2) sorting and processing them via MEMS/NEMS nanorobotics with high
              processivity and large degree of control

              3) functionalisation (chemical modification)

              4) assembly and self-assembly into 2d and 3d electronic devices

              ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://www.leitl.org