We need help with a scientific experiment

  • Michael Ferguson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      Hello,

      My name is Michael Ferguson. I am the Principal Researcher for the
      American Polymathic Institute's Third Millennium Project. We are
      doing an experiment. We'd like your help. It will only take you a
      couple of minutes. IF you forward e-mails, we would like you to
      forward this one to your normal distribution list. Then we want you
      to go to a webpage with a counter. If you receive this e-mail and
      you DON'T normally forward e-mails, we want you to go to a different
      webpage with a counter. In both cases, you will be given the
      opportunity to join our free mailing list, but otherwise we will not
      capture your identity. Also, we will not try to sell you anything.
      We are only interested in raw numbers and what they can tell us.

      We want you to either forward this e-mail or not before you visit the
      web page. We want to make sure our count is as accurate as
      possible. If you want to know more about us before you decide,
      please visit our home page at http://PolymathicInstitute.com

      The purpose of this experiment is to develop a quantitative measure
      of Internet connectivity and e-mail forwarding habits. We will be
      repeating the experiment every six months. By analyzing the results
      we will gain valuable information about the evolution of the Internet.

      If you are forwarding this e-mail, forward it and then go to
      http://PolymathicInstitute.com/Experiment1.html

      If you are not forwarding this e-mail, go directly to
      http://PolymathicInstitute.com/Experiment2.html

      Thank you for participating,

      Michael Ferguson
      American Polymathic Institute