We must not forget to pay attention to the little things

  • kxsills@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2001
      Here is an experiment reported in this weeks Nature magazine that is
      worth looking at further.

      http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010926/sc/science_quantum_dc_1.html

      http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nature/journal/v413/n6854/full/413375a0_fs.html

      Successful quantum applications implying teleportational ability for
      larger quantities than single atoms. The new word linking physics and
      politics of the first decade shall be "Entanglements".

      Quantum physics: Entangled atomic samples
      J. IGNACIO CIRAC
      Quantum mechanics has potential applications in communication and
      computation. But first a quantum connection ? known as entanglement ?
      has to be created between bigger and bigger objects.

      And for real scientific enthusiasts this one may be worth reading too.
      This article is in Nature Magazine and it will require registration
      or membership to get the text. If I can get these on my own machine I
      will try and post the texts. If someone has them could you share them
      please?

      http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?file=/nature/journal/v413/n6854/full/413354a0_fs.html

      kxs
    • Mark Gubrud
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        The "larger objects" in question are multi-qubit states, not physical
        objects even as large as a single atom.