Off-topic: reply to success@w...

  • Chris Phoenix
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2001
      I got an email from an address that began success@w... I suspect she may
      be a lurker on this list. My reply bounced with a permanent fatal
      error, so I'm posting it here.

      >Subject: Re: Chris, what is python language/

      Python is an interpreted object-oriented language. See python.org. It
      has a quirk or two (don't they all?) but is on the whole incredibly
      elegant. I'd recommend it as a teaching language as well as a
      prototyping language (though it'd be nice if it had better graphics
      support).

      >I also would to know if there is a real chance to have molecule-type
      >robots? So long, Gina

      Molecule-type robots? Sure. Pick your flavor: DNA that twists in
      semi-complicated ways when you add chemicals is a reality today. If you
      mean Drexler-type diamondoid robots, they'll take a bit longer... but
      there's no reason they couldn't happen. Quite possibly within a decade,
      almost certainly within three. And they seem likely to be useful, so
      there's a good chance they will happen. Probably not so much robots as
      machines: molecular sorters, factories, sensor arrays, etc.

      Did I answer your question? I'm not quite sure what you wanted to ask.

      Chris

      --
      Chris Phoenix cphoenix@... http://www.best.com/~cphoenix
      Interests: nanotechnology, dyslexia, caving, filk, SF, patent