E(min) = (ln2)kT

  • Steven Lenhert
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2001
      > E(min) = (ln2)kT
      > Hmmmm, quite a strong statement. . . any takers?

      While that might be the limit for classical computers, I disagree with
      the "strong statement" since at small scales there are not enough
      particles for the statistical definition of kT to be meaningful - i.e.
      temperature breakdown.
      http://nanotech.about.com/library/weekly/aa070900c.htm

      Especially so for systems not at equilibrium, such as biological ones.
      The article linked below contains another stong statement - "the
      actomyosin vesicle transport system does exhibit the quantum coherence
      and entanglement necessary for quantum computation within a single
      neuron." Any takers?
      http://nanotech.about.com/library/weekly/aa062500a.htm