Re: [Re: [Re: [[nanotech] No, you cant contain an SI]]]

  • server not recognized
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2000
      I think this is a specious arguement and reflects more about your view of
      the human race - perhaps a jaundiced view.

      We regularly observe males fighting for females. Sometimes near to death
      sometimes just a show of feathers. We think it all rather humourous but do
      we intervene ? Of course not. After all it is only over a few minutes of
      copulation. And besides when the dominant male isn't watching the lesser
      mal3e picks up a few at the side anyway.

      So a superior intelligence would be disappointed at human race and easily
      decide not to intervene on the basis that we need to establish ourselves on
      a superior level not be simply lifted to it without making any effort.

      Would the Jews for example accept that the new beings decide that they are
      wrong in their views and beliefs and the Palestinians are entitled fairly
      for all they ask? Imagine replicating this example on every bachyard fence
      issue on the planet. In the end they may be reduced to having to
      exterminate all fundamental Jews. All fundamentalist Christians, all
      catholic Irish, etc. So why would they wish to get involved.