Re: [nanotech] Transtech Map

  • Mark Gubrud
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 30, 2000
      "Dollarchy"

      On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

      > "Christopher J. Phoenix" wrote:
      > >
      > > I think that a better term (or at least more position-neutral) for Weak
      > > government could be Libertarian government.
      >
      > "Minarchy".
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Eliezer.
      >
      > -- -- -- -- --
      > Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/
      > Research Fellow, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

    • Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 9, 2000
        thefirstimmortal@... wrote:

        > Eliezer, you may not concur with the comments, but the effort to
        > infringe upon others First Amendment rights to free speech, and
        > expression is a troubling problem, and I am deeply concerned with
        > this morden day effort to "cut out one's tongue" for unpopular
        > speech.

        I am fully confident in Gina's Miller ability to distinguish between people
        posting opinions she doesn't like, and people posting badly-spelled trolls.
        The First Amendment says you can say whatever you like; it doesn't say that I
        have to print it in my newspaper or my mailing list or my Website. This is
        not a government-owned forum; this is Gina Miller's forum, and it's only
        public to the extent that she says so. If Gina Miller abuses her moderator's
        ability in such fashion that opposing viewpoints can no longer be expressed,
        we all pack up and leave - that, too, is an ancient tradition. That is the
        basis on which moderation occurs and the basis on which the Internet was
        built, and it has a tradition in nanotech extending back to the moderated (and
        high-quality) sci.nanotech newsgroup of the Elder Days of Usenet.

        Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/