897Re: [nanotech] Digest Number 244

  • Samantha Atkins
    May 31, 2000
      Max wrote:

      > > I grew up being taught the nonsense of Western Science, such things
      > > as the mind/body dichotomy, when in fact mind is a physical thing.
      > > Taught that electrons, protons, and neutrons are the building blocks,
      > > when these particles also come apart. Taught that the speed of light
      > > is absolute and that's as fast as you can go or else your head will
      > > explode, but things go faster through Higgs' Field Space, many times
      > > faster than normal light speed. If a microwave message is squirted
      > > through
      > > a Higgs' Field portal, it would be possible to have a question answered
      > > before it was asked. I like the strings because of the confusing
      > > explanations that I've gotten about light being waves or particles,
      > > string makes eminent good sense, and can fit gravity into the mix.

      Sigh. THe mind/body dichotomy is a philosophical NOT a scientific
      position. Please be careful not to confuse the two. At a particular
      level of understanding electrons, protons and neutrons ARE the building
      blocks. You seem to thing the evolution of knowledge somehow
      invalidates knowledge. On the contrary it is the prove that science is
      open and growing.

      - s.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic