890Re: [nanotech] Digest Number 244

  • Bruce Bombere
    Jun 1 1:38 AM
      Max wrote:

      > > I grew up being taught the nonsense of Western Science, such things
      > > as the mind/body dichotomy, when in fact mind is a physical thing.
      > > Taught that electrons, protons, and neutrons are the building blocks,
      > > when these particles also come apart. Taught that the speed of light
      > > is absolute and that's as fast as you can go or else your head will
      > > explode, but things go faster through Higgs' Field Space, many times
      > > faster than normal light speed. If a microwave message is squirted
      > > through
      > > a Higgs' Field portal, it would be possible to have a question answered
      > > before it was asked. I like the strings because of the confusing
      > > explanations that I've gotten about light being waves or particles,
      > > string makes eminent good sense, and can fit gravity into the mix.
      >
      > Talk about nonsense. Today in Physics 17 (last freshman class before upper
      > division) we were taught about relativity and that NOTHING can go faster
      > than light, not even information. Even though quantum teleportation
      > routinely communicates the information of quantum states between entangled
      > particles INSTANTLY, and even though two major articles, one in nature and
      > one in PRL, both show experiments in which superluminal events occur, one
      > using microwaves, the other one using light.
      >
      > Has anyone else had the teacher blatantly lie about something, for didactic
      > purposes, then wind up telling you a few weeks later that what you learned
      > and studied was not true?

      At the risk of seeming charitable to the academic community,
      I would venture that the contradictions and confusion that we
      encounter is indicitive of lack of clarity of theory. I would think
      that the academics would have more to gain by maintaining an open
      sense of wonder rather than a closed sense of certainty, teaching
      and learning would be less dissonant and more "organic" if theories
      weren't often at odds. I don't think that it's a matter of having
      perfected science, but rather the method. It might seem to be less
      of a lie if things were presented, "This is some informational stuff,
      but there is more stuff after this." Instead, it's "This is the way it
      is, until you hear different, which might be at any time."
      Perhaps there is a doppler effect with Truth, it goes by so fast
      that it sounds different.
      NetZero - Defenders of the Free World