889Re: [nanotech] Digest Number 244

  • Max
    May 31, 2000
      > I grew up being taught the nonsense of Western Science, such things
      > as the mind/body dichotomy, when in fact mind is a physical thing.
      > Taught that electrons, protons, and neutrons are the building blocks,
      > when these particles also come apart. Taught that the speed of light
      > is absolute and that's as fast as you can go or else your head will
      > explode, but things go faster through Higgs' Field Space, many times
      > faster than normal light speed. If a microwave message is squirted
      > through
      > a Higgs' Field portal, it would be possible to have a question answered
      > before it was asked. I like the strings because of the confusing
      > explanations that I've gotten about light being waves or particles,
      > string makes eminent good sense, and can fit gravity into the mix.

      Talk about nonsense. Today in Physics 17 (last freshman class before upper
      division) we were taught about relativity and that NOTHING can go faster
      than light, not even information. Even though quantum teleportation
      routinely communicates the information of quantum states between entangled
      particles INSTANTLY, and even though two major articles, one in nature and
      one in PRL, both show experiments in which superluminal events occur, one
      using microwaves, the other one using light.

      Has anyone else had the teacher blatantly lie about something, for didactic
      purposes, then wind up telling you a few weeks later that what you learned
      and studied was not true?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic