6644Re: [nanotech] XPS

  • ranjith kumar
    May 11, 2009
      Zeynep,
      All the peaks in XPS shifts because of charging effect. It is common in XPS
      data. They needs to be re-shifted back based on the reference element before
      doing analysis.

      Sometimes you may just see one peak, but it may be sum of many small peaks.
      I used peakfit software to fit all the individual peaks into XPS data.
      Analyzing XPS data looks complicated at first couple of times, but it is
      pretty simple afterwards.

      Please review section 3.2 in page 3 of the attached publication. (Ce3+ has 4
      peaks & Ce4+ has 6 peaks- i mentioned it otherway in my last mail)

      Thanks
      Ranjith