5259Re: [nanotech] Diode Array: claim of clean energy

  • A.C.
    Aug 2, 2005
      I don't know much about the technology, but if the
      patent was filed in 1975 it expired 10 years ago.
      Considering the level of interest in batteries
      recently if this technology worked I think it would
      have been picked up and developed by now.

      --- erich_knight <shengar@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Dear Folks:

      What is your opinion on the viability of this radical
      technology
      proposed by Charles M. Brown. They talk that the costs
      of a Kilowatt
      chip may be a dollar and last a million hours ( 113
      years ).
      :

      posted June 07, 2005 01:31 AM
      ----------
      I have invented, patented1, and tested2 a chip
      containing very many
      very small diodes that absorbs uniform ambient heat
      and releases D.C.
      Electrical power. This is a superior energy source
      that is very
      inexpensive and will power small appliances out of the
      box without a
      need for power wiring anywhere in the world.

      This has great potential to improve the prosperity of
      mankind.

      The chip will quickly become an open source commodity.
      I want the
      applications to be open to the commons too. It is also
      a hard science
      tool for science fiction.

      Michael Huff3 at the Stanford MEM network, a network
      of
      nanotechnology developers, has given me a quote that
      $50,000 would
      pay for developing this chip. He could receive grant
      funding directly
      to improve the accountability as I am an unaffiliated
      inventor that
      can not personally produce the chip .

      1 U.S. Patent 3,890,161, DIODE ARRAY. As a 1975
      patent, it may be
      available in image form only, not yet in
      electronically searchable
      text form. The original materials specified in the
      patent have been
      superseded by C60 carbon buckyballs as anodes on an N
      type InSb
      (semiconductor) substrate.

      2 In 1993 I commissioned the preparation and testing
      of an adapted
      satellite transponder chip containing 5,600 Au on GaAs
      diodes
      fabricated in a patch as an expedient for assemblers
      to find one
      diode where diodes operating at high frequencies have
      to be very
      small. Conductive paste was applied over the face of
      the chip to
      connect all the diodes in consistent alignment
      parallel as required.
      Next the chip was immersed in a constant temperature
      pure vegetable
      oil bath inside a shielding box in the California
      desert. The chip
      produced ~25 kTB watts where an output more than 1/2
      kTB watts
      validates the theory that electrical thermal noise
      (Johnson Nouse)
      can be rectified and aggregated.
      If replication of this test is desired, the chips may
      still be
      available as draw down obsolete stock from Virginia
      Diodes Inc.
      www.virginiadiodes.com . I have lost contact with the
      lab that
      adapted and tested the chip. The C60 / N type InSb
      version of the
      chip should perform much better. ~100 watts / cm2 @ 20
      C @ 50% diode
      efficiency @ 10^11 buckyballs / cm2 is estimated.

      3 mhuff@...
      http://www.memsnet.org/links/foundries

      Aloha,
      Charles M. Brown
      (808) 828-0297
      Kilauea, Kauai, Hawaii 96754
      abundance@...
      www.diodearray.com
      http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS:CBC:Main_Page "

      here's an extensive disscusion on the technicals,
      Donpatent's
      comments are great, and charlie brown makes many good
      arguments. enjoy

      Science a GoGo Discussion Forum: diode array nanotech
      abundant clean
      energy

      http://www.scienceagogo.com/ubb/ult...opic/1/267.html

      He's posting it around for support and to generate
      interest, as I
      said his open-sourse attitude is refreshing.

      I did catch him with his pants down with my inquiries
      to Dr. Crowe at
      VDI (look at the time line of the postings)

      Because he has posted it all over it should provide
      some good
      feedback, I'll keep ya'll up-dated

      Nanotechnology
      Science Computer